The Student Room Group

Age limit for a levels!!!!

I need some help about studying a levels privately.i mean distance learning.
1:is there any age limit for a levels?
2:what would be the fee?
Original post by dumbgirl340

1. No
2. That depends on where you sit the exam. Exam boards have a set entry fee which you can find on their website but you'll need to pay extra generally to cover the cost of the exam centre.

1. As far as I know of, there is no age limit, i was 15 when I sat my AS
2. Varies with different examination boards.. I do edexcel, and its 30euros for registration then 45 per exam you sit
Reply 3
Thank U very much!
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
1. No
2. That depends on where you sit the exam. Exam boards have a set entry fee which you can find on their website but you'll need to pay extra generally to cover the cost of the exam centre.

THANKS!!!
Reply 5
Original post by hadukilami
1. As far as I know of, there is no age limit, i was 15 when I sat my AS
2. Varies with different examination boards.. I do edexcel, and its 30euros for registration then 45 per exam you sit

THANK U!
Reply 6

No. I have known people take A levels at 14 and at 50. I believe that there are people in their 80s who have taken them.

You can choose to pay for a distance learning course (£300-400) but you could just teach yourself from resources on the internet (some subjects are much better than others) and a text book whch would be much cheaper. If you want to do an A level with coursework then it gets more complicated.

You will also need to pay the exam fees. You have to find an exam centre to accept you and everything is arranged through them. The exam boards charge about £80 for most A levels, but you would also need to pay the exam centre for their admin, invigilation etc. This varies a lot according to the subject, but anything under £200 for a whole A level (inc exam board fees) would be pretty good value.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Compost
No. I have known people take A levels at 14 and at 50. I blive that there are people in their 80s who have taken them.

You can choose to pay for a distance learning course (£300-400) but you could just teach yourself from resources on the internet (some subjects are much better than others) and a text book whch would be much cheaper. If you want to do an A level with coursework then it gets more complicated.

You will also need to pay the exam fees. You have to find an exam centre to accept you and everything is arranged through them. The exam boards charge about £80 for most A levels, but you would also need to pay the exam centre for their admin, invigilation etc. This varies a lot according to the subject, but anything under £200 for a whole A level (inc exam board fees) would be pretty good value.

Thanks!very much!

Quick Reply

Latest