The Student Room Group

Raf oasc 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Awesome thank you. I'm already serving but applying for WSOp after it's finally opened up again. Just never really come across the Individual Planning tests as such on JMLC etc so it's a new one to me.
Original post by S.G.S

There's 4 entry dates a year, next one is February and one September/October time I think not sure when the other two are. Like I said takes a month for a decision so whether they invite you for the earliest IOT or not I don't know, depends how many people are already on it. They give you a form to fill out when you get there to put how early you can start and how much notice you need, you can put immediately down and obviously there take that into account.

The 4 courses start at roughly the same time every year and start 12 weeks after one another, with the exception of block leave in the summer and Christmas leave.

One starts tomorrow, the next mid April, then July, then October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all, I was on OASC in late November (19-20), before they changed the fitness test to the bleep, passed it all, heard back mid week last week that I've been put into a sift for April time. Seems I've missed the January sift which is a bit annoying as I was aiming for the April intake, however it'll be July now (hopefully). Pretty awful wait, my second time through the process due to an almighty balls up on my part with a fitness test in 2013. Applying as an ATC Officer!
Reply 23
Dude that's a long wait, hopefully it was just because of Christmas. The wait is killing me already and it's only been a week and a half haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
That is a long wait, I only suffered for 10 days until I got the email, but the wait to know what's going on next after getting further consideration is way worse.
I think it was. At least I know when to expect an answer now though. Even if it is three months away :frown:. At least it isn't a no! :smile:
Is anyone going for pilot? Is it true that only 1% get throughto IOT?
Reply 27
Just got the phone call, got a place on the April IOT if I want it. She very much was pushing me to accept now and not delay entry as it might not be available in a few months time. I would like to delay it to see if I'm successful with the Navy but now the offers there its hard to turn down!

Said I'd get back to them tomorrow. Only been a week and a half since I went to OASC. Anyone else found out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by james813
Is anyone going for pilot? Is it true that only 1% get throughto IOT?

Hey James I'm not going for pilot but I believe it is something like that, it's hugely competitive but that's neither here nor there really. If you're good enough then you'll get in, like any position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S.G.S
Just got the phone call, got a place on the April IOT if I want it. She very much was pushing me to accept now and not delay entry as it might not be available in a few months time. I would like to delay it to see if I'm successful with the Navy but now the offers there its hard to turn down!

Said I'd get back to them tomorrow. Only been a week and a half since I went to OASC. Anyone else found out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's epic, well done! :biggrin: gutted that all you guys are hearing quickly and here's me with a long wait!
Original post by S.G.S
Just got the phone call, got a place on the April IOT if I want it. She very much was pushing me to accept now and not delay entry as it might not be available in a few months time. I would like to delay it to see if I'm successful with the Navy

You want to be an aircraft engineer, right? Who has the most aircraft? That's right, the RAF.
Reply 31
Original post by S.G.S

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the final decision SGS? Have you said yes to April or still holding out for Navy?
Reply 32
Prostacker if only it was that simple!!

eclur yeah I accepted. Couldn't really turn it down and take the risk, plus it reduces the wait from 8/9 months to 2 so can't complain with that.

Completed my nsv security clearance form Wednesday and submitted it, just a tip for anyone filling it out, you have to put the webpage on compatibility view in Internet Explorer to get it to work, otherwise you get to the end and lose an hour and a halfs work :/. You just get a, 'this file does not begin with %pdf' error. Very frustrating.

So just waiting for the email/letter about the fam visit, which will be next month. Another hoop to jump through but at least the worst is over aye? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats on gettin selected! How many news stories did you have goin into OASC? Worldwide I'm fine with but struggling to get excited about any uk stories!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Thanks! I was pretty weak on that front to be honest, I had 3 for each (recommended at least 5 each). UK were Scottish Independence, UK extremism (which kind of ended up being a world topic) and I can't remember the last. Could do search and rescue being privatised? They might ask you about that anyway so 2 birds with one stone..

Funny enough just got home and have my letters and feedback through. Familiarisation on the 11th Feb and if all successful starting on the 12th April.

Can't remember who asked but the fitness test is 1.5 mile run out doors, for the FAMILIARISATION visit!

Still the bleep test for OASC

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
You have do a test on the familiarisation visit aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Yeah, like I said 1.5 mile outdoor run, that's it. Have to fill out another medical form, exactly the same as the previous one, which just seems pointless. Mine got delayed and reviewed by Cranwell already so no doubt they'll be another hitch down the road at some point with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Congratulations and well done.

I'm still awaiting my result. It's not a nice wait. Do you know if any of the others have got through?
Reply 38
Thanks Tom, hope you find out soon dude. No I don't, didn't exchange any details with anyone, was hoping most of them would find this. Were you the one going for ATC Officer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi SGS

Regards the Fitness element

Could you confirm if the MSFT is indoor or outdoor?
And how long roughly rest did you get between the different elements?
I'm trying to practice the test as close to its genuine format as possible.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest