The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Asalaamulaykum

The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) used to seek refuge in Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He) from laziness that he used to mention it daily in this dua: “O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.” [Sahih Bukhari]

Original post by IdeasForLife
Asalaamulaykum people, I missed the night time fun I see. I finally got a normal sleeping timetable and stopped sleeping at 7:30 am :colone: alhamdulillah

Walaykumasalaam
That's good keep it up
“Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” [Qur’an, 13:11]
“O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).” [Qur’an, 20:25]
وَوُضِعَ الْكِتَابُ فَتَرَى الْمُجْرِمِينَ مُشْفِقِينَ مِمَّا فِيهِ وَيَقُولُونَ يَا وَيْلَتَنَا مَالِ هَٰذَا الْكِتَابِ لَا يُغَادِرُ صَغِيرَةً وَلَا كَبِيرَةً إِلَّا أَحْصَاهَا ۚ وَوَجَدُوا مَا عَمِلُوا حَاضِرًا ۗ وَلَا يَظْلِمُ رَبُّكَ أَحَدًا

And the record [of deeds] will be placed [open], and you will see the criminals fearful of that within it, and they will say, "Oh, woe to us! What is this book that leaves nothing small or great except that it has enumerated it?" And they will find what they did present [before them]. And your Lord does injustice to no one.

--------

وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّنْ ذُكِّرَ بِآيَاتِ رَبِّهِ فَأَعْرَضَ عَنْهَا وَنَسِيَ مَا قَدَّمَتْ يَدَاهُ ۚ إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِهِمْ أَكِنَّةً أَنْ يَفْقَهُوهُ وَفِي آذَانِهِمْ وَقْرًا ۖ وَإِنْ تَدْعُهُمْ إِلَى الْهُدَىٰ فَلَنْ يَهْتَدُوا إِذًا أَبَدًا

And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have put forth? Indeed, We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you invite them to guidance - they will never be guided, then - ever.

وَرَبُّكَ الْغَفُورُ ذُو الرَّحْمَةِ ۖ لَوْ يُؤَاخِذُهُمْ بِمَا كَسَبُوا لَعَجَّلَ لَهُمُ الْعَذَابَ ۚ بَلْ لَهُمْ مَوْعِدٌ لَنْ يَجِدُوا مِنْ دُونِهِ مَوْئِلًا

And your Lord is the Forgiving, full of mercy. If He were to impose blame upon them for what they earned, He would have hastened for them the punishment. Rather, for them is an appointment from which they will never find an escape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
وَلَقَدْ صَرَّفْنَا فِي هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنِ لِلنَّاسِ مِنْ كُلِّ مَثَلٍ ۚ وَكَانَ الْإِنْسَانُ أَكْثَرَ شَيْءٍ جَدَلًا

And We have certainly diversified in this Qur'an for the people from every [kind of] example; but man has ever been, most of anything, [prone to] dispute.

---------

وَمَا نُرْسِلُ الْمُرْسَلِينَ إِلَّا مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ ۚ وَيُجَادِلُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِالْبَاطِلِ لِيُدْحِضُوا بِهِ الْحَقَّ ۖ وَاتَّخَذُوا آيَاتِي وَمَا أُنْذِرُوا هُزُوًا

And We send not the messengers except as bringers of good tidings and warners. And those who disbelieve dispute by [using] falsehood to [attempt to] invalidate thereby the truth and have taken My verses, and that of which they are warned, in ridicule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Are you sharing an islamic website or can that image actually not be displayed? :redface:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Are you sharing an islamic website or can that image actually not be displayed? :redface:

Ugh it's an image. Can you not see it again? This always happens to me.
Reply 987
Original post by HAnwar

it says cannot display image view it at topislamic.com :redface:
Original post by ko111
it says cannot display image view it at topislamic.com :redface:

Ah right. Thanks for the notice :yy:
Might as well delete it
Reply 989
Original post by HAnwar
Ah right. Thanks for the notice :yy:
Might as well delete it

no problem, how did you copy it? i think you can only copy google images.. not too suree
Video of African Muslim meeting a white Muslim makes me emotional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmjiooU-0AM#t=38
Original post by ko111
no problem, how did you copy it? i think you can only copy google images.. not too suree

It was on a website and I copied it.
Original post by HAnwar
It was on a website and I copied it.

Lol, it's ok. :tongue: What was the image about?
Original post by ko111

You should be able to copy from any site, not just Google. But some sites won't allow external embedding of the photos, which it looks like is the case here :h:
When He Plotted to Assassinate Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)

[video="youtube;BffpE4AHACg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffpE4AHACg[/video]
Original post by Ankabout
Lol, it's ok. :tongue: What was the image about?

Can't remember LOL
Something to do with Friday... I'll find it later :biggrin:
Reply 996
Original post by shadowdweller
You should be able to copy from any site, not just Google. But some sites won't allow external embedding of the photos, which it looks like is the case here :h:

ah alright thanks!
Another clip from movie "The Message" which makes me emotional.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s Last Sermon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuCRYfO4e0#t=106

"Oh mankind; listen well. I may not be with you much longer, the weak among you feed them on what you eat, dress them as you are dressed. You will meet your GOD and He will call you to account for your actions. Let those who are present warn those who are absent. You are all descended from Adam and the best among you is he who most regards GOD.

Think deeply about what I say, let all your feuds be abolished, you must know that every Muslim is the brother of every other Muslim and all Muslims are brother of one another, between Muslims there are no races and no tribes. You must not take anything from your brother except what is given freely. Do not oppress and do not be oppressed. Oh my people I am but a man, it may be that the angel of death will visit me soon and death will overtake me.

But I have left you a book, revealed by GOD, the Quran which is light and guidance”.

At the end he repeated to the people the final revelation of Quran, the seal and termination, not Mohammad’s words but GOD’s word, “This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed my favour to you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”

P.s: Sorry I'm feeling nostalgic as I'm repeating my old posts. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Another clip from movie "The Message" which makes me emotional.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s The Last Sermon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuCRYfO4e0#t=106

"Oh mankind; listen well. I may not be with you much longer, the weak among you feed them on what you eat, dress them as you are dressed. You will meet your GOD and He will call you to account for your actions. Let those who are present warn those who are absent. You are all descended from Adam and the best among you is he who most regards GOD.

Think deeply about what I say, let all your feuds be abolished, you must know that every Muslim is the brother of every other Muslim and all Muslims are brother of one another, between Muslims there are no races and no tribes. You must not take anything from your brother except what is given freely. Do not oppress and do not be oppressed. Oh my people I am but a man, it may be that the angel of death will visit me soon and death will overtake me.

But I have left you a book, revealed by GOD, the Quran which is light and guidance”.

At the end he repeated to the people the final revelation of Quran, the seal and termination, not Mohammad’s words but GOD’s word, “This day I have perfected your religion for you and completed my favour to you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”

P.s: Sorry I'm feeling nostalgic as I'm repeating my old posts. :smile:

[video="youtube;hXF83yn2oQI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXF83yn2oQI[/video]
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
No, i think it's outside upton park station.

There is al-Muhaddithaat by Sh. Akram Nadwi, There are also 2 books on the wives of the Prophet, 1 published by darussalaam and another published by IIPH by Faridah Masood which is good. In history there are not many books written by muslims in history in english as far as i know. There is the Lost Islamic History book by Firas Khateeb. He also suggested these books as a good for covering a particular period/region

And there is the book by Karen Armstrong called Islam: A short History.

Muslim Women: A Biographical Dictionary by Aisha Bewley which i have not read yet but would like to. Biographies Of The Women Companions of the Holy Prophet by 3 Nadwis and also The Noble Women Scholars Of Hadith by Shaykh Mashhur Al Salman.

Also, for more specific stuff there are Brill Publishers, you can browse their site and they have books which target a certain period with great detail.

For the 4 Imaams there is a good but heavy (in that it includes a lot of fiqhi terminology) bu Muhammad Abu Zahra (raheemahullah) and there is also a book on Imaam Abu Hanifa by Sh. Akram Nadwi. There are also two biographies of Saeed Ibn Musayyib and Sufyan Ibn Uyayna (Imaams) floating about somewhere which i see in shops sometimes. There is a "Makers of Islamic Civilization" Series too which covers a few individuals like Ibn Battuta and a biography on Umar Mukhtar (raheemahullah) which i saw in a bookshop once.

This is really brilliant, jazakAllahu khayran (would rep but for some reason I can never rep anyone on this thread)

Also one last request, do you know of any good biography on Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal?

Latest

Trending

Trending