The Student Room Group

Aldi Graduate Area Manager video interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone been offered a job in the North West?
Reply 61
Hello my wife has the assessment day interview next month for the Midlands and Wales area is anyone else going?
Reply 62
Hi guys, i just wanted to say thank you for your messages as it helped me prepare better for the video interview.
The questions and durations for each of them are as stated by others here.
Now for people who will be taking the interview in the future...
You have three days before the video interview link expires - use those three days to prepare your answers over and over again without sounding like you memorised it. You need to show your confidence - use your webcam to record your practise runs.
Also use the 30s in between questions to mentally prepare your answers and to compose yourself.
I just tried to enjoy the experience as its a new concept - welcome to 21st century :smile:
Hi,

Could you tell me which role you have applier for? Also do you remember any of the questions?
I have to do me video interview by tomorrow!!
Original post by Sigma9
Hi guys, i just wanted to say thank you for your messages as it helped me prepare better for the video interview.
The questions and durations for each of them are as stated by others here.
Now for people who will be taking the interview in the future...
You have three days before the video interview link expires - use those three days to prepare your answers over and over again without sounding like you memorised it. You need to show your confidence - use your webcam to record your practise runs.
Also use the 30s in between questions to mentally prepare your answers and to compose yourself.
I just tried to enjoy the experience as its a new concept - welcome to 21st century :smile:

Hi,Could you tell me which role you have applier for? Also do you remember any of the questions?I have to do me video interview by tomorrow!!
Did you receive any notification once you had completed it. I have completed one for store manager level and not even had a confirmation email.
Reply 66
I completed the online tests a few months ago. I had an email the other day saying my application had been withdrawn because I didn't complete the video interview before the deadline. However, didn't actually receive any notification (checked junk folder) that I had progressed to video interview. Has this happened to anyone else?
Just had my video interview as well and wanted to say thank you to everybody's tips.

The 9 questions I've been asked:

1. Name and location interested in
2. Introduce myself
3. Why ALDI
4. Why am I good match for ALDI?
5. One thing I like aboout ALDI
6. What do you think you will be doing in the short/medium/long term in the scheme
7. Example of a time I showed motivation to meet an ambition
8. Example of when I set high standards
9. What step did I take to achieve these high standards

My tips:

Don't prepare long answers.
Don't use answers you will find on the inet as ALDI isn't stupid to not know things like this one. They are looking for genuine and different answers.
Reply 68
I submitted a video application on 1 June and I was wondering when I should hear back? Is it normal to wait this long or does this suggest I was unsuccessful? Thank you.
Reply 69
Hi

How can you spend 30 seconds saying your name and location?
Reply 70
Hi all, In the video interview. Do you excualy speak with real person?
Reply 71
Just wondering if there any real person during the interview. Or it is a question and answer on the web
Reply 72
Hi guys I have a few questions. When have u applied for the area manager position? Should I apply while still at uni? Or after I get my degree? Also how long does the interview process take ? I am not asking just about the video interview, I mean the interview process in general with all stages. Also did u apply to other positions, graduate schemes? I noticed that Lidl is offering almost the same benefits and position.
Hi, I have to film my video interview in the next few days. Just wondering if anyone in the last year has done it, and the questions have changed at all? :smile:
Reply 74
Hey! I've got mine coming up too! Hope you did well, did you find out what the questions were? :smile:
Original post by harrietrob1998
Hi, I have to film my video interview in the next few days. Just wondering if anyone in the last year has done it, and the questions have changed at all? :smile:
Hi Ben,
I did my video interview this morning. It went well I think. The questions were along the lines of these:

introduce yourself, what you are doing at the moment and what do you see yourself doing
why do you want to work with Aldi
how will your degree help with the role
give an example where you have been motivated

Hope yours goes well :smile:
Original post by BenJ17
Hey! I've got mine coming up too! Hope you did well, did you find out what the questions were? :smile:
Original post by BenJ17

Hi Ben, also are you in employment at the moment or are you still at university. Just trying to get an idea of the other people that apply :smile:
Reply 77
Hi! Yes, I got mine back today and I’m invited to the assessment day! Same to you! Hope you do well and let me know how it goes and which assessment date you've selected!

All questions along the same line and I finish my studies this year, still currently a student- which areas have you gone for? I might see you on the assessment day!!

Original post by harrietrob1998
Hi Ben, also are you in employment at the moment or are you still at university. Just trying to get an idea of the other people that apply :smile:
Hi Ben, well done! Sorry for the long reply, I have been revising. I was invited to an interview too, mine is on the 22nd May in Bolton. I applied for areas Atherstone and the other midlands one.
Original post by BenJ17
Hi! Yes, I got mine back today and I’m invited to the assessment day! Same to you! Hope you do well and let me know how it goes and which assessment date you've selected!

All questions along the same line and I finish my studies this year, still currently a student- which areas have you gone for? I might see you on the assessment day!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending