The Student Room Group

Second year engineering internship

Hello

I am in my second year of Electrical and Electronic Engineering course (3 years long BEng). I need to find an internship for the summer and some ideas.

I did a lot of searching for the companies in my area and none of them is looking for summer interns. I would like to hear your advices on how to start looking for internship when there are no places advertised. Contacting the companies directly is one way, but usually contacts that are given in any website end with some secretary, not the person that makes the decision.

I can afford an unpaid internship. I have the impression that usually large companies employ interns, so payment is usually not an issue, but anyway. I need to find a summer place really badly - I have very bad experience with unemployment, and also know that it's pretty hard to find a job as a fresh graduate with zero experience (this is my second degree).

I would appreciate if someone who has done something like this shares some thoughts. Thanks
It's a bit late I'm not gonna lie. But it is still totally possible to get an internship. Assuming you can relocate there are loads of placements advertised on http://www.gradcracker.com/
Also search for the placements advertised through your uni/department.
You could also ask one of your lecturers/tutors as they might know of an unadvertised position through contacts etc (last option if desperate)
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending