The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NayanWagz
Is it from
the foundation 2014 June paper

Yes it is.
Any reasonable preditions for OMAM, AIC or CONFLICT POETRY?
Does anyone know what last year questions were for OMAM, AIC and character and voice??? can't find the june 2014 past paper..
Original post by Sophie876
Does anyone know what last year questions were for OMAM, AIC and character and voice??? can't find the june 2014 past paper..

OMAM was about George and Lennie's relationship in part a, and part b was about relationships in general. AIC was Eva smith, and Gender. Not sure about the poetry :smile:
Been doing some research on Character and Voice stuff for school, and obviously the exam board might not work like this but I think the only named poem they haven't used is 'Les Grands Seigneurs' so that could possibly come up. Also the poems that were used in 2011 (which I think is when the exam changed) were 'My Last Duchess' and 'Medusa', so they have potential to be used. I know you asked at the beginning of the year, but I was looking for some predictions too and did my own research so I thought I'd share :smile: Good luck with all your exams x
Original post by GCSE student 1
Hi, thanks for all of this. I just need to ask, if Tituba were to come up in 'The Crucible' what the could the question be? Thanks very much

Hey :smile:
I honestly think it could be as simple as 'How is Tituba presented in the Crucible?' - it wouldn't be fair if they set the question 'How does Tituba present the theme of _____' simply because she's a minor character and its hard enough analyzing her already just with the former question.

if you need any character analysis/quotes have a look at this webstite: http://mrhoyesibwebsite.com (go to drama on the side menu and then look for crucible)
Original post by isthatmatilda
I honestly think it could be as simple as 'How is Tituba presented in the Crucible?' - it wouldn't be fair if they set the question 'How does Tituba present the theme of _____' simply because she's a minor character and its hard enough analyzing her already just with the former question.

if you need any character analysis/quotes have a look at this webstite: http://mrhoyesibwebsite.com (go to drama on the side menu and then look for crucible)

Thanks for the advice.

I also need a bit more help. I've been revising 'The Crucible' and I have been looking at the theme of reputation and ones name, however I'm struggling to find/come up with any decent essay plans/ideas. Do you think you could help me out?
Original post by _ariane29

Here you go everyone. :itsme:I'm really skeptical about this hypothesis someone proposed, it has seemed to work in the past but this question (part a) Is very similar to last years higher question. As for part b, there is a possibility. So please don't rely on this. (Foundation 2014 OMAM AQA) :goodluck: to everyone sitting this exam

why is it soo improtant to you guys?
Original post by youreanutter
why is it soo improtant to you guys?

There is a pattern to the OMAM exam that means that the year before foundation question, is similar to this years higher question. Check my edit :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tara1234
Been doing some research on Character and Voice stuff for school, and obviously the exam board might not work like this but I think the only named poem they haven't used is 'Les Grands Seigneurs' so that could possibly come up. Also the poems that were used in 2011 (which I think is when the exam changed) were 'My Last Duchess' and 'Medusa', so they have potential to be used. I know you asked at the beginning of the year, but I was looking for some predictions too and did my own research so I thought I'd share :smile: Good luck with all your exams x

Thank you for sharing this :biggrin: Are you confident with any of these poems? I think les grande seigneures and my last duchess would be an evil choice :redface: They're possibly the hardest poems
Does anyone have any predictions for Higher OMAM, WIB and Conflict Cluster? And the 'unseen' poem?

Personally, I'm hoping for:

OMAM: Curley and Bullying/Outcasts in the time of the novel

WIB: Some kind of question on the role Mr Bentley plays in creating foreshadowing

Conflict: Belfast Confetti or Mametz Wood, if Next to Of Course God America or Come On Come Back comes up I'm screwed :smile:)))

These are NOT predictions, I honestly don't have a clue. Just what I hope for :smile:
Reply 131
Im doing OMAM, AIC and conflict for poetry
My english teachers prediction is Curley or Candy for OMAM as these 2 characters have not yet come up.

Also Mr Birling for AIC as one of the questions. Remember these are just predictions :smile:

with last years curveball it is still very unpredictable !!
Very nervous for these english lit exams !!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 132
Original post by isthatmatilda

how is tituba presented?!!?
So I am ****ting myself for the AIC question as I had a change of teacher when we started learning it and I don't understand a thing. I've been looking at past papers and don't have a clue

One of the questions I'm looking at is: "What do you think the importance of Inspector Goole is and how does Priestley present him?"

I was wondering if anyone could give me some points for this? I am well aware that this obviously isn't the question that will come up, but I think that it will help me gain a more thorough understanding of the whole text and the sort of things I need to come up with to respond to a question like this
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 💩💩💩💩💩
So I am ****ting myself for the AIC question as I had a change of teacher when we started learning it and I don't understand a thing. I've been looking at past papers and don't have a clue

One of the questions I'm looking at is: "What do you think the importance of Inspector Goole is and how does Priestley present him?"

I was wondering if anyone could give me some points for this? I am well aware that this obviously isn't the question that will come up, but I think that it will help me gain a more thorough understanding of the whole text and the sort of thing I need to come up with to respond to a question like this

Literally not revised this in ages but this is what I would put,

So first you need to come up with 4 points containing a 'what' and a 'how'. For example,

Priestly uses the Inspectors tone and language to show the weaknesses and immaturity of Mr and Mrs Birling.

Inspector Goole is used as almost a voice for Priestly that is criticising the upper class.

Priestly uses Inspector Gooles thought out order of interrogating the family to allow the family's real characters and personality's to be revealed.

Inspector Gooles interactions is used to unite the younger generation against their parents

These points would be followed by evidence, analysis, and writers intention. If I were you, I would read the play again to get an idea :smile:
Original post by ilovesophialucia
Literally not revised this in ages but this is what I would put,

So first you need to come up with 4 points containing a 'what' and a 'how'. For example,

Priestly uses the Inspectors tone and language to show the weaknesses and immaturity of Mr and Mrs Birling.

Inspector Goole is used as almost a voice for Priestly that is criticising the upper class.

Priestly uses Inspector Gooles thought out order of interrogating the family to allow the family's real characters and personality's to be revealed.

Inspector Gooles interactions is used to unite the younger generation against their parents

These points would be followed by evidence, analysis, and writers intention. If I were you, I would read the play again to get an idea :smile:

That's really helpful, thank you. I just really struggle with analysing plays as they are so different from novels, especially with language
Original post by 💩💩💩💩💩
That's really helpful, thank you. I just really struggle with analysing plays as they are so different from novels, especially with language

No problem. And yeh I agree with you there but I hate analysing anything, can't wait to get this exam out of the way this June haha:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, is anybody doing Martyn Pig? If yes, then cane you tell me any predictions? its URGENT!!!
There is a big chance that Curley might come up for OMAM this year!
Original post by tara_v
Im doing OMAM, AIC and conflict for poetry
My english teachers prediction is Curley or Candy for OMAM as these 2 characters have not yet come up.

Also Mr Birling for AIC as one of the questions. Remember these are just predictions :smile:

with last years curveball it is still very unpredictable !!
Very nervous for these english lit exams !!!

aha doing the same as you and i have the same predictions and so does everyone for OMAM so hopefully we are right
any predictions for poetry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending