The Student Room Group

English Lit Precdtions

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any predcitions for the 2023 gcse literiture exams?

I do An Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and the Power and Conflict Poems.

Ive been told that it could be Mrs Birling or Gerald for AIC cause they haven't come up yet and it could be Checking Out Me History for the poems. So could anyone add to this or correct me?

thx and have a good day
Reply 1
Original post by MrBored
Hi everyone,

I do An Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and the Power and Conflict Poems.

Ive been told that it could be Mrs Birling or Gerald for AIC cause they haven't come up yet and it could be Checking Out Me History for the poems. So could anyone add to this or correct me?

thx and have a good day

Hello, rather than writing a tonne here I've attached some links that can help you with AIC and Power and Conflict:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7333730&p=98309437#post98309437
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7337594&p=98311177#post98311177
I'm not sure about Romeo and Juliet or Jekyll and Hyde, hopefully some people will reply to this.
It seems that the general consensus for AIC is Mrs Birling, the Inspector or Eva, and that the Power and Conflict won't be on war (rather something like Checking Out Me History). If you struggle to find any answers for the others, you can always check out past papers to see the trends and characters that have cropped up. Note of course that none of this is certain, the examiners are always finding ways to startle us haha, and with single question questions (not AIC), themes are extremely hard to predict if they do them.
Hopefully these things help :smile:, if I spot any other threads that might be useful for you I'll send them along. Best of luck with your exams!
which exam board do u do?
Original post by MrBored
Hi everyone,

thx and have a good day

If you do edexcel GCSE lit, For An inspector calls, Mrs Birling and Eric haven't come-up yet and neither have the themes of gener, age and love.
For Macbeth, chaos, ambition, gender, supernatural, deciet/appearances vs reality, violence, fate and free will, and loyalty haven't come up yet
For Jekyll and Hyde, there's Lanyon, Duality, (possibly Poole), secrecy/reputation/repression, settings, shock, religion v science, evil, mystery, conflict, uncontrollable desires/curiosity, and possible the characters of Jekyll and/or Hyde, but I think thats too broad.
Reply 4
i do aqa.

Original post by srija08
which exam board do u do?
Reply 5
thank you!!

Original post by {Moss}
Hello, rather than writing a tonne here I've attached some links that can help you with AIC and Power and Conflict:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7333730&p=98309437#post98309437
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7337594&p=98311177#post98311177
I'm not sure about Romeo and Juliet or Jekyll and Hyde, hopefully some people will reply to this.
It seems that the general consensus for AIC is Mrs Birling, the Inspector or Eva, and that the Power and Conflict won't be on war (rather something like Checking Out Me History). If you struggle to find any answers for the others, you can always check out past papers to see the trends and characters that have cropped up. Note of course that none of this is certain, the examiners are always finding ways to startle us haha, and with single question questions (not AIC), themes are extremely hard to predict if they do them.
Hopefully these things help :smile:, if I spot any other threads that might be useful for you I'll send them along. Best of luck with your exams!
Reply 6
do you happen to know anything about romeo and juliet??

still eduqas board though

Original post by minwom28818
If you do edexcel GCSE lit, For An inspector calls, Mrs Birling and Eric haven't come-up yet and neither have the themes of gener, age and love.
For Macbeth, chaos, ambition, gender, supernatural, deciet/appearances vs reality, violence, fate and free will, and loyalty haven't come up yet
For Jekyll and Hyde, there's Lanyon, Duality, (possibly Poole), secrecy/reputation/repression, settings, shock, religion v science, evil, mystery, conflict, uncontrollable desires/curiosity, and possible the characters of Jekyll and/or Hyde, but I think thats too broad.
Original post by marynichols_
do you happen to know anything about romeo and juliet??

still eduqas board though

No, sorry
Original post by MrBored
Hi everyone,

thx and have a good day

hey ! my teachers seems to think for power and conflict poetry it will be storm on the island or kamikaze - shes been an aqa examiner for 15 years so im trusting her x
Thanks for sharing : ) any suggestions which poems would best compare with those

Original post by chloewilkins
hey ! my teachers seems to think for power and conflict poetry it will be storm on the island or kamikaze - shes been an aqa examiner for 15 years so im trusting her x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending