The Student Room Group

Revision for Mocks?

Due to personal issues I've slacked off entirely for the past 4 years. I've worked hard this school year but I've literally forgotten how to efficiently revise for tests. I need to learn 2 years of knowledge in 3 weeks for my mocks because they dictate whether or not I get into a good sixth form (I'm moving to England), but I just don't know how to cram all the information in.
Reply 1
1. PAST PAPERS ARE YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND- just do the one which is two years before your mock paper for sciences and you should be fine
2. Make mindmaps and stick them on a wall you look at often and make sure the writing is big.
3. Set up a whatsapp group or something similar where you can ask and test each other on questions
Original post by abcdeffy
Due to personal issues I've slacked off entirely for the past 4 years. I've worked hard this school year but I've literally forgotten how to efficiently revise for tests. I need to learn 2 years of knowledge in 3 weeks for my mocks because they dictate whether or not I get into a good sixth form (I'm moving to England), but I just don't know how to cram all the information in.

This will be a challenge...

However, to begin with I'd suggest you sitting down with all of your notes, textbooks, revision guides etc. Make some good notes, but keep them brief. Constantly ask yourself questions and keep repeating things over and over (this usually helps me). Once you've made some notes on all topics, you know the basics. Answer the spread questions in the textbook for each topic and module - this will help consolidate the information you've learnt.

After you've made some notes and completed a few questions, make some mind-maps/revision cards/posters (whatever helps you) and stick these around your study area. These will constantly remind you of things that you may have forgotten.

Finally, past papers. Past papers really are the best way to revise. I know you don't have long until your mocks, but you will be surprised as to how much you learn from completing past papers and looking over mark schemes. Start off by having no timed conditions - just let yourself get used to the exam style and structure. As you gain confidence in your own knowledge and understanding of the exam style, start timing yourself. Go through mark schemes thoroughly, make sure you know where you lost marks and how you can get those marks in future. Maybe even start up a 'traffic-light system' so you can see which parts of the papers you are getting correct and those areas where some more practise is needed.

What subjects are you doing OP?

I hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll try again!

Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending