The Student Room Group

Do I revise AS for A2 maths mocks? Year 12

So I have mocks in like 8 weeks. And I’m not sure how I should revise for it. It going to be pure only. We one year 2 right now and my teachers said it going to be on whatever chapter we finish by then. So it gonna be a lot. Am I wasting my time revising AS content and should I just focus most of my time on A2 content? I’m not sure how I should revsie for it. Since there might be AS content in the test as well. I really need to get at least an A for these mocks as well. How did you revise for your mocks?
I mean there's gonna be a lot of Y1 content in it, especially since I doubt you're that far into Y2 content. Plus a lot of Y2 builds up on Y1 so to revise Y2 content you're gonna have to revise Y1 first. If I were you I'd focus on Y1 stuff, I doubt they'll put many Y2 questions in the paper. You have 8 weeks though which is a lot of time to be revising for mocks.
Reply 2
Original post by GeT_iN_SHinJI
I mean there's gonna be a lot of Y1 content in it, especially since I doubt you're that far into Y2 content. Plus a lot of Y2 builds up on Y1 so to revise Y2 content you're gonna have to revise Y1 first. If I were you I'd focus on Y1 stuff, I doubt they'll put many Y2 questions in the paper. You have 8 weeks though which is a lot of time to be revising for mocks.

True but we are already in chapter 6 by the time the mocks come we probs gonna be chapter 9. My teachers aren’t making it clear at all what gonna be on the test
Reply 3
Original post by Rainyzack
So I have mocks in like 8 weeks. And I’m not sure how I should revise for it. It going to be pure only. We one year 2 right now and my teachers said it going to be on whatever chapter we finish by then. So it gonna be a lot. Am I wasting my time revising AS content and should I just focus most of my time on A2 content? I’m not sure how I should revsie for it. Since there might be AS content in the test as well. I really need to get at least an A for these mocks as well. How did you revise for your mocks?

Heya!
The best way to revise is by doing practice questions and making sure you are ready for any type of question + going through the mark scheme :h: If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free maths practice question resources to help you out!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by Rainyzack
True but we are already in chapter 6 by the time the mocks come we probs gonna be chapter 9. My teachers aren’t making it clear at all what gonna be on the test

How tf are yall on chapter 6 of Y2 in Y1??? My college only did one chapter of Y2 by the end of Y1 :eek: (and we were speed-running through all that shi as well!)

That aside, just keep doing past paper questions (don't do those silly textbook exercises they're a waste of time).

Quick Reply

Latest