The Student Room Group

would you say 2 weeks is enouph to revise for year 11 mocks :)

would you say 2 weeks is enouph to revise for year 11 mocks :smile:
Reply 1
Reply 2
I started revising for my GCSEs at the start of year 11 rather than separately revising for the mocks and the real exams but you're only two months into year 11 so if you start revising now and just carry on until June/July it should be enough.
Original post by uniqueen8888

NO
Oh but if you have done hours and hours of study beforehand then even 2 days should be enough but depends upon you.
Reply 5
So you also have your mocks coming up? :wink:

Personally I've been revising from the start of the year, but only 3-4ish hours twice a week, which has allowed me to slowly cover all the content . When it comes to the actual GCSEs, I'd recommend doing it this way for a good two months, gives you more time to practice and less stress, as well as more free time.

Let's say you have 10 Subjects to revise for. Giving yourself 3 hours per day, and 5-6 on Saturdays, that means you're totalling roughly 20 hours per week of revision. This gives you over two weeks roughly four hours of revision per subject.
Assuming you do:
2 hours of revising subject content
2 hours of application (past papers, questions etc.)

then I believe you'll have plenty of time to secure a decent grade. However it isn't a massive deal of time, and you'll still struggle to fit everything in there, therefore:
-Find weaknesses
-Focus only on weaknesses, then brush over strengths if you have enough time to.
-Use your time in school very wisely.

Then again, these are mocks, they're usually one out of two papers, and getting a certain grade in your mock doesn't mean you'll get that grade in your exam :smile:. So I wouldn't worry too much. Hope any of this helps
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by uniqueen8888

depends how well you want to do and what your current level of knowledge is really. But if you start revising now and keep going until June, you will be in a very good place for actual exams, plus two weeks is better than a week, which is still better than nothing at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest