The Student Room Group

Too late to improve my grades?

I'm really lost right now, GCSEs start in less than 50 days and I've done 0 revision.

I got grade 4s and 5s in mocks but I want 7s in the real thing. Is it possible to make that jump?
Original post by Floppingfr
I'm really lost right now, GCSEs start in less than 50 days and I've done 0 revision.

I got grade 4s and 5s in mocks but I want 7s in the real thing. Is it possible to make that jump?

How much revision did you do in the run-up to your mocks? If you were revising flat-out for many weeks, and achieved 4s and 5s, then there might not be much opportunity to improve upon those to the extent that you want (across all subjects - some yes, but not all).

However, if you'd didn't put much revision effort into your mocks, then if you start some quality revision now, then you could well get each subject up a grade or two (three, from a 4 to a 7, might be a push though).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
How much revision did you do in the run-up to your mocks? If you were revising flat-out for many weeks, and achieved 4s and 5s, then there might not be much opportunity to improve upon those to the extent that you want (across all subjects - some yes, but not all).
However, if you'd didn't put much revision effort into your mocks, then if you start some quality revision now, then you could well get each subject up a grade or two (three, from a 4 to a 7, might be a push though).
Tbh I didn't revise for my mocks.

yes, start going over the content now and make sure you understand it all, ask your teachers for help on hard topics before you go on study leave. after understanding all the content do as many past paper qs as you can as some subjects have a very similar range of topics that come up every year. make a revision timetable that starts from tomorrow and allocate time after school every day for different subjects to avoid overfocusing on one and neglecting another
Tbh I didn't revise for my mocks.

OK. So there should be reasonable room for improvement if you start revising. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest