The Student Room Group

Best makeup brand?

What is your favourite makeup brand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Love me some NARS, MAC, YSL, Benefit, Missha and Rimmel; Kate Moss lipstick collections only. Although I don't like eyeshadows, I love the Urban decay Naked Palette 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Alsklinq
Love me some NARS, MAC, YSL, Benefit, Missha and Rimmel; Kate Moss lipstick collections only. Although I don't like eyeshadows, I love the Urban decay Naked Palette 3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i have to agree with that ysl and mac are the best makeup brands and the urban decay naked palette is the best eyeshadow palette i have seen. i particularly like Naked palette 2
Reply 3
Estee Lauder, Dior, Rimmel London, Barry M do the nicest nail varnishes I reckon :smile:
Reply 4
Mac and Estée Lauder- I cannot describe how much I love them!! My mac stuff lasts for ages too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
NARS for blushes/bronzers, Chanel for foundation and eyeshadows and Hourglass/MAC for lip products! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What about for make-up brushes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the moment my new favourite make up brand purchase is from Missha (a south korean make up brand) their bb creams are great coverage whilst still looking very natural and their #16 is pale enough for me! :O without me needing to mix it with a white base.
Reply 8
Original post by abRochyy
What about for make-up brushes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really like the real techniques brushes

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't choose just one!

But NARS, MAC, L'Oreal, Revlon, Bourjois, Collection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Not a huge fan of Mac, makes my skin break out! When I used to model they would slather Mac products on me and the next day my skin would look like a pizza. I normally have clear skin as well :frown:

It depends on the product. I use clinique for lashes because it looks really natural and most people dont notice Im wearing makeup, Missha for BB cream and then estee lauder eyeshadow is my favourite :smile: Overall, Clinique is definitely my favourite
Bodyshop do really good brushes that last so long! & I love real techniques, I have the bold collection brushes 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile
High-end:
Mascara: Benefit They're Real, Lancome Doll Eyes
Eyeliner: Haven't come across one that I like tbh, Bobbi Brown was okay but not good enough to justify the extravagant price
Eyeshadow: Benefit Goodies a Go-Go for a basic nude kit (especially if you fancy trying their eye primer and mascara), of course Urban Decay Naked is a classic too
Blush: Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder
Foundation: MAC Pro Longwear, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation, NARS Tinted Moisturiser
Powder: Bare Minerals
Concealer: Dior Star Concealer
Primer: Benefit Porefessional for face, Urban Decay Primer Potion for eyes
Lipstick: Chanel, MAC

Drugstore:
Mascara: Maybelline Colossal, L'Oreal Miss Manga
Eyeliner: Revlon for liquid, Maybelline for gel
Eyeshadow: L'Oreal
Blush: Maxfactor Creme Puff
Foundation: Missha Real Complete, Maybelline Better Skin
Powder: The Balm (it's a drugstore brand in my home country, but I've heard it is somewhat expensive in Europe. Haven't seen it at all in England :/ )
Concealer: Maybelline Fit Concealer
Primer: The Body Shop Instablur for face, NYX for eyes
Lipstick: Maxfactor lipsticks are my all-time favourite, also like Maybelline lip glosses

-

I've tried each and every product I listed above, either borrowing from a friend or purchasing myself. I think drugstore brands go a fairly good job in most areas, but feel free to splurge on high-end brands if you have disposable income. Right now every product I'm using is drugstore except my powder (Bare Minerals), concealer (Dior) and mascara (Benefit) and the latter is only because I got it for a quid at my uni's Freshers Fair :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys, I'm 18 and never wear make up and I'd really like to get in to it bc I'm beginning to feel insecure when out with friends who all look so done up and also just for myself, I want to feel good. But I don't want to wear a lot, just a little bit to even out my skin tone, longer lashes, natural lip colour etc. What brand or make up do you guys suggest I start with plus do you have any tips? I'm hopeless at applying it. I use BB creams a lot and I do love them, my skin is fairly good so I'd prefer not to use thick foundation or anything.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hi guys, I'm 18 and never wear make up and I'd really like to get in to it bc I'm beginning to feel insecure when out with friends who all look so done up and also just for myself, I want to feel good. But I don't want to wear a lot, just a little bit to even out my skin tone, longer lashes, natural lip colour etc. What brand or make up do you guys suggest I start with plus do you have any tips? I'm hopeless at applying it. I use BB creams a lot and I do love them, my skin is fairly good so I'd prefer not to use thick foundation or anything.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you just want to try out makeup to begin with and so don't want to spend much money I recommend having a look at makeup revolution (they have stands in most superdrugs) they're a very well priced brand (you can get lipsticks for like £1) and they are good quality as well I have a few of their items.

If you're just starting out I'd say definitely just try out a mascara (and a pencil eyeliner if you're feeling up to it). Another thing that can frame your face and is really simple to do is to fill in your brows (and don't worry you don't have to do them so it looks obvious you can make it look very natural). Then maybe try a couple of nude lipstick shades.
Reply 15
I wear Laura Geller. The foundation is powder so it disappears through the day (it must be how I apply it, because my mum's doesn't) so I use No7 mousse foundation under it to get a clear complexion sometimes when I'm going out. But Laura Geller is amazing - I don't break out from it, and it looks natural.
Chanel or Christian Dior. There are so many youtube tutorials on how to apply makeup! My sister is pretty good at this, and she's learned everything from youtube.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mads_300
What is your favourite makeup brand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The natural collection from Boots, but I only buy the mascara as I love it :biggrin: 😍
Rimmel
Lush (for the lip balms, haven't tried their other makeup products)
Collection

But I'm open to try other brands as well ;D :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually stick to bare minerals/benefit. Their powder foundation is really good. I've gone off MAC, I think I just got bored of it. Also I found this shop in London that I hadn't seen in Glasgow KIKO or something, got a cream blusher stick that seems quite good I'll have to try more of their stuff.
MUA isn't too bad at Superdrug - many of their products can be seen as dupes for the brands like Urban Decay - for the price is pretty decent for £4 for a palette of 12 shadows! Or highlighter and decent foundations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest