The Student Room Group

Midwifery Interview Advice- Birmingham City University

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if you could help me :smile: I've got a midwifery interview coming up at Birmingham City University on the 14th feburary and wondered if any one else has already had an interview there and could give me some background as to what happens and some of the questions they ask, I have a feeling they will ask, why I want to be a midwife, My strenghts/weaknesses, about the nursing and midwifery council and probably what a midwife actually is. If anyone knows any specific questions they ask and could let me know it would be much appreciated as im so nervous!!!
I have an interview too! Mines on 17th Feb though :smile: where else have you applied and have you heard back from any others? xx
Reply 2
Original post by bethanyholly95
I have an interview too! Mines on 17th Feb though :smile: where else have you applied and have you heard back from any others? xx

Oh great, good luck to you :-) Ive also applied to Hull, York, Keele and Brighton but haven't heard back yet. have you applied to anywhere else? Also do you have to deliver a presentation on compassion?
Original post by hgibbons
Oh great, good luck to you :-) Ive also applied to Hull, York, Keele and Brighton but haven't heard back yet. have you applied to anywhere else? Also do you have to deliver a presentation on compassion?

Yes I do! So nervous for it though! Good luck to you too 😊 ive been rejected from Keele and staffordshire without interview, got interview at birmingham, had an interview and been offered a place at Nottingham and passed the selection tests for wolverhampton so have an interview there too 😊 xx
Reply 4
Aww me too! I hope it goes okay :smile: Thanks very much, Ive found out ive been rejected from Keele without an interview too, but well done at Nottingham and your other interviews 😊 May I ask if your still at college or decided a different career path? Xx
Aww me too! I hope it goes okay :smile: Thanks very much, Ive found out ive been rejected from Keele without an interview too, but well done at Nottingham and your other interviews 😊 May I ask if your still at college or decided a different career path? Xx

I applied two years ago but didn't even get any interviews but lookin back I had no experience really as I was under 18 so couldnt get anything midwifery related. I was at sixth form at the time but I didn't get one of my grades which was a-level maths as it was so hard so I only got E. I went to college after that to do a 2 year health and social care (health science) so I'm in my last year of doing that 😃 what route have you taken? Xx
Reply 6
Oh right I see, you seem determined to do midiwfery like me 😊 but yes I understand about the experience as I haven't been able to go on the maternity ward etc due to my age as Im currently at college and 17 years old so finishing my second year of A levels, like you Im also doing health and social care although doing the double award 😃👍 alongside English Lanuage so its my first year applying, I really hope your successful 😊 Im just so nervous for my first interview at Birmingham! Xx
Oh right I see, you seem determined to do midiwfery like me 😊 but yes I understand about the experience as I haven't been able to go on the maternity ward etc due to my age as Im currently at college and 17 years old so finishing my second year of A levels, like you Im also doing health and social care although doing the double award 😃👍 alongside English Lanuage so its my first year applying, I really hope your successful 😊 Im just so nervous for my first interview at Birmingham! Xx

I wish I did double h&sc because I just did the Single one and got distinction and did sociology and got C but got E in maths so if I did double h&sc and got distinctions then I would already have the entry requirements! Well you have an I terview so you must have done something right! Xx
Reply 8
Aw yes I see what you mean! I think you did well to even get an E in maths, I probably wouldn't even get that 😂 but yes I suppose so 😃👍 Good luck anyway and let me know how you get on xx
Aw yes I see what you mean! I think you did well to even get an E in maths, I probably wouldn't even get that 😂 but yes I suppose so 😃👍 Good luck anyway and let me know how you get on xx

Thank you! Good luck to you too! Yours is first, mines not til 17th 😋 xx
Reply 10
Original post by bethanyholly95
Thank you! Good luck to you too! Yours is first, mines not til 17th 😋 xx

Thankyou very much! And oh yes it is 🙊 il let you know how it goes 😊 xx
Thankyou very much! And oh yes it is 🙊 il let you know how it goes 😊 xx

How did you get on at your interview? Xxxx
Ive had my interview and been offered a place at BCU!
Original post by Jadej123456789
Ive had my interview and been offered a place at BCU!

Hi Jade, congratulations on getting a place at BCU. I have been invited for the entry tests and interview on the 14th February for midwifery degree. Can you give me any advice please? What were the literacy and numeracy tests like?

Kind regards
Sam
Hi Everyone,

I wondered if you could help me :smile: I've got a midwifery interview coming up at Birmingham City University on the 14th feburary and wondered if any one else has already had an interview there and could give me some background as to what happens and some of the questions they ask, I have a feeling they will ask, why I want to be a midwife, My strenghts/weaknesses, about the nursing and midwifery council and probably what a midwife actually is. If anyone knows any specific questions they ask and could let me know it would be much appreciated as im so nervous!!!

I had an interview in december for birmingham and ive been offered a place!
I had my interview the same day as you (14th feb...) they said a week but I haven't heard anything yet, have you??
Original post by Jadej123456789
I had an interview in december for birmingham and ive been offered a place!

Hi jade
Do you mind me asking what kind of questions there were for the maths and English test and what the interview questions are like I have an interview coming up and I am super nervous :smile: much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending