University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Sidney Sussex College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

xarcul
yup thats the one :biggrin:

*notices xarcul's sig*

OH RIGHT.

Sometimes I wonder how I got into Cambridge...
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
schnargle
*notices xarcul's sig*

OH RIGHT.

Sometimes I wonder how I got into Cambridge...

I know how you got into cambridge; you took a flight into Standsted airport, and from there got a train straight into Cambridge. They never suspected a thing... :ninja:
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
I know how you got into cambridge; you took a flight into Standsted airport, and from there got a train straight into Cambridge. They never suspected a thing... :ninja:

:facepalm:

You're also completely wrong :p:
How!?!?! Explain.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
How!?!?! Explain.

I was already in London by early December, so I took the tube to King's Cross and from there took the train to Cambridge. Simple :wink:
schnargle
I was already in London by early December, so I took the tube to King's Cross and from there took the train to Cambridge. Simple :wink:

No. Its too simple; would never have worked. :woo:

I looked up Brunei on google earth out of interest, (cus I had never heard of the place before tbh). It looks pretty distant. I wonder what that hemisphere is like....must check it out some day.:s-smilie:

Seriously though, the weather there must be pretty tropical. Which region do you live in? Is it the one that's all by itself?
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
No. Its too simple; would never have worked. :woo:

I looked up Brunei on google earth out of interest, (cus I had never heard of the place before tbh). It looks pretty distant. I wonder what that hemisphere is like....must check it out some day.:s-smilie:

Seriously though, the weather there must be pretty tropical. Which region do you live in? Is it the one that's all by itself?

You've caught me out :sigh: If you must know, I actually flew to Cambridge by unicorn. Don't tell the Immigrations people though, or they'll see my passport hasn't been stamped!

It's okay, nobody's heard of Brunei. Some people have heard of our Sultan (who was very very very VERY rich until his brother embezzled billions of dollars from the country, and so now he's just very very very rich). It's incredibly small, on the island of Borneo next to Malaysia.

The weather is brilliant if you're British but crap for everyone else because it's SO humid, and every day it's either hot, very hot or rainy. We don't even get the pathetic little drizzles that you get here - instead we have BIIIG thunderstorms, which can be pretty cool until you get flooded and the electricity for the whole area gets knocked out.

ETA: The small region all by itself is called Temburong and hardly anyone lives there because it's all primary rainforest. I live in the other bit.
So basically your existence in Brunei is one of pure misery?:p: Yah well....sometimes it rains pretty bad here too, and I get like, really really wet, and stuff.:yep:

I'm gona tell the immigrations people. I'll do it! Then they'll confiscate your precious unicorn to the evidence locker where it'll rot!

Hmmm...embezzlement you say? I like the sound of that. We don't get that sort of excitement around here.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
So basically your existence in Brunei is one of pure misery?:p: Yah well....sometimes it rains pretty bad here too, and I get like, really really wet, and stuff.:yep:

Well, it's not too bad. There's nothing to do really (you can't buy alcohol, there's no clubs, etc.) but you can buy a decent meal for about a pound, you are never ever cold, and the people there are pretty nice. It's very small-town though - I was so overwhelmed when I came to London.

The embezzlement was years and years ago. We have no other news in our entire history - some memorable headlines from the local newspaper were "PIZZA HUT EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH" and "CAR TURNS OVER ON HIGHWAY" (where nobody was even injured - that one had a colour photograph). Oh, and we have a lot of oil. Apart from that, if the country ceased to exist tomorrow I don't think anyone would notice.

And please don't be mean and take my unicorn away! :puppyeyes:
No clubs and alcohol can be a very good thing sometimes. At least you're free to enjoy these things if you choose to whenever you get to Cambridge. You really aren't missing much by not drinking. I choose not to drink ever, and I'm glad I make that decision.

Nice talking to you. I'm gona head; I've got school tomorrow, but at least I'm off thursday/friday for study leave. You appear to be nocturnal these nights lol.
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
No clubs and alcohol can be a very good thing sometimes. At least you're free to enjoy these things if you choose to whenever you get to Cambridge. You really aren't missing much by not drinking. I choose not to drink ever, and I'm glad I make that decision.

Nice talking to you. I'm gona head; I've got school tomorrow, but at least I'm off thursday/friday for study leave. You appear to be nocturnal these nights lol.

I don't drink either, but nearly everyone else gets fed up about it (mostly foreigners as Brunei's a Muslim country). You're allowed to import certain amounts of alcohol if it's for your own consumption, so a lot of people will either pay someone to keep crossing the border to import more, or smuggle it in. Then they party. :p:

I'm nocturnal because I have absolutely no reason to get up early in the morning, seeing as I don't have school... unlike some people. :awesome:
We really have ruined this thread. Almost nobody can join into this conversation; its just too random. If the mods see this they will be ragin that we hijacked a thread.
I'll join, we can start afresh if you'd like. :teeth:
Reply 593
And me :biggrin: I am deeply sorry if this ruins your conversation, but you guys can PM each other :rolleyes:
andyh10
And me :biggrin: I am deeply sorry if this ruins your conversation, but you guys can PM each other :rolleyes:

But that would require effort. :sigh:

You're right though, we should probably stop destroying the thread and get back to the original point of it, which was... *double-checks title thread*... oh yes, Sidney. :biggrin:
tommm
I'll join, we can start afresh if you'd like. :teeth:

:yes: I'm willing to do that. Hows everybody coping with exams so far? (Immediately excludes schnargle from conversation):p:
Reply 596
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
:yes: I'm willing to do that. Hows everybody coping with exams so far? (Immediately excludes schnargle from conversation):p:

Mine are going alright at the moment - C4 and M2 went really smoothly. Not looking forward to 3 exams in 3 days next week though...
xarcul
Mine are going alright at the moment - C4 and M2 went really smoothly. Not looking forward to 3 exams in 3 days next week though...

Cool. I had C3 last friday (my exam board is CCEA), and it went really well. I'm on 2 days of study leave now, and I'm also not looking forward to next week. I have 4 exams next week; biology on monday, chemistry on wednesday, physics on thursday, and maths C4 on friday.
Reply 598
SeventhSonOfASeventhSon
Cool. I had C3 last friday (my exam board is CCEA), and it went really well. I'm on 2 days of study leave now, and I'm also not looking forward to next week. I have 4 exams next week; biology on monday, chemistry on wednesday, physics on thursday, and maths C4 on friday.

Biology and Chemistry 2 days apart is gonna be a b*tch...
There's so much factual recall required for bio!

What exam boards are yours?
All my exams are with CCEA. I wonder why they put the science and maths exams all in one week. I mean, they're subjects that are commonly taken together!
Yup, there is a lot to remember, but I think the worst thing about biology is the way they ask the questions. Sometimes they are phrased really awkwardly. With biology it all comes down to exam technique in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending