The Student Room Group

Storing belongings

Hello! Anyone have any idea if certain colleges will let you keep your belongings in your room if you are an overseas student without a really expensive additional cost?
(edited 6 months ago)
Mine does (Sidney Sussex) and I think it's quite common

Edit: I've only just realised that you specified in your room. It's not very common for them to allow this without paying rent over the holidays. I think most colleges allow at least a few rooms to be rented out over the holidays (though some place more restrictions over which such rooms can be chosen). Many colleges do, however, have somewhere in the college where internationals can store their things over the holidays without incurring a fee. Fun fact Sidney uses the squash courts.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by EKBH
Hello! Anyone have any idea if certain colleges will let you keep your belongings in your room if you are an overseas student without a really expensive additional cost?

It depends, not ont he College, but on the room you are in. If it's a lettable room, then nearly all will need you to move out and what limited things you can leave in and what storage facilities they have vary by College. If you are living in a College house, in your second or third years, chances are you won't have to move at all. If you are living in a prime, front court room with an en-suite etc, then you certainly will.

This is a universal problem though, and Colleges know students can't just hire a storage container and move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending