The Student Room Group
Reply 1
nothing wrong with it.... amount of reps differs from person to person, maybe 2 or 3 sets?
Reply 2
Dude, it depends on how many you are used to, but like in all excercises you need to start with a warm up so that you don't over strain your stomach muscles and end up hurting yourself.

Are you planning on full sit ups, half ones or ones that you hold for a few seconds half way?
Reply 3
I dont know tbh, if you want fast and the most effective results, its best to do them when you've eaten quite a bit of carbs(like I had 100g of potato before working out), and then straight after the sit ups have some protein (whey, chicken breast etc)

One that worked for me when I started was 3 sets

Set 1:I put 15kg on my chest and did 8 reps and pushed the last 1 till failure
Set 2:2 minutes lature I did 13.5kg (take off 10% and do the same 8 reps then try the last till failure.
Set3:s-smilie:traight after set 2 I get 7.5kg, and go up fast, and take 5 seconds on the decent down to relaxation till failure, so shoot up, then slowly count to 5 and go down.

It was recommended by a professional weight lifter and worked for me, but its pointless seeing kids do like 100 sit ups when they can achieve the same from the above routine.
Reply 4
i havent got weights like that, only dumbells. I have lost fat and now want to gain muscle which should aid fat loss i believe. I can do about 30reps in one go b4 i fail.
Can someone give me a plan which doesnt need weights and also if it should be crunches /situps, or the ones where u hold. Also should i be holding my feet down by myself or is puttin a weight on them cheating

Latest

Trending

Trending