The Student Room Group

Finance question

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me with a question on finance.
The situation is 24 year old starting full time engineering course in Sept 2015 living away from home. Currently living with 19 year old girlfriend at her grandmothers house (currently on income support). I have lived away from my mother for 11 months. She now lives elsewhere with her new partner. I am not supported financially by my mother or her partner in any way and my father is deceased. The question I would like to ask is - will my mothers and her partners income affect any grants or allowances I could claim for?
Hi there.

Only students who are either 25 at the start of their course, are married, have a child, or are estranged from their parents can be assessed as independent.

If you are estranged from your mother you can have a professional who is aware of the situation such as a GP, teacher/lecturer, nurse, manager/director of a company etc, prepare a letter stating that you are estranged from her. This can be sent with a copy of your fathers death cert if possible and we can then assess you as independent.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending