The Student Room Group

personality or looks (girls only)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zarek
My personal experience is that girls are almost as shallow as guys. Great looks and you're in, whatever. No doubt, if your in the average looks camp a good personality helps, and particularly if you can make people laugh. But if your not in the attractive set its pretty hard work to land a date.

Agreed :congrats:
Personality is way more important than looks. I much rather be with a caring, funny, understanding guy than a "hot" guy who's a d**k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Birkenhead
And some enter it them in love which does not encompass lust.

Yes, asexual people.
Original post by perspiracious
Yes, asexual people.

As well as those who don't need sex to experience a fulfilling romantic relationship with another person.
Original post by Anonymous
I think for me it's more the initial attraction first that makes me want to get to know his personality
And then after it's personality that matters more

:rofl:
PRSOM

Agree with this :smile:.
Both
Both, but a man's personality affects the way he looks so much.
Original post by Decorpi12
Both, but a man's personality affects the way he looks so much.

How so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Both - but your personality can make you more attractive, if that makes any sense
Original post by Username unknown
How so?

An average looking confident man can look handsome to me. (There are limits to this of course).
Personality, it's hard to be attracted to a guy that's unpleasant to be around, especially considering that you referred to "boyfriend material".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personality all the way. I would always prefer to have someone whom I can share a laugh with, not just get an arm candy.
Original post by Icebaker
Girls only care about 4 things: money, looks (must be 10/10), height and muscles. That's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How could you say that? Only shallow and vain people with little or no self respect would only care about that. What is the scientific basis for this sweeping generalisation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Both. Mainly personality but I also wouldn't have sex with someone I wasn't attracted to physically.
Reply 94
Generally notice looks first but for bf definitely personality. If you're going to spend time with someone it's got to be nice hanging out with them.
Original post by trabajador
Hi, I was just wondering whether girls cared more about a guy's personality or his looks for bf material?

Looks. I can put up with some **** if he's sexy. You can get the **** out if you're ugly. However, I have found if he has a killer personality and is butt fugly, I end up liking him. But if he's hot and has a ****ty personality, I find it endearing

Spoiler

both?!
I'm just gonna say that girls have been attracted to me but I've never had been with someone for long cos i have a really bad personality and got bored of seeing/ talking to one person for too long.
Girls will like you cos of looks, the amount of personality BS on this thread is annoying
Personality. Dat sense of humour. I'm pretty smiley and laugh a lot so it's nice being with someone who makes me do just that!
Also someone I'm attracted to, not necessarily chiselled and ripped (don't reaallyyy find that attractive anymore) and Brad Pitt-like (he's not really all that). Nice eyes are a must, that's it :biggrin: Long eyelashes are a very welcome bonus :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending