The Student Room Group

Royal College of Art : Interviews 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I applied Innovation design engineering and took an interview last month. Currently, I'm nervous about the results so I really want to know it as soon as possible.
Reply 81
Welcome to the club! Fingers crossed! Good luck :smile:
Original post by mikio
I applied Innovation design engineering and took an interview last month. Currently, I'm nervous about the results so I really want to know it as soon as possible.
Reply 82
Hello,
I've read someone mentioning this, but still; when I was waiting for my turn to be interviewed (I was the last of the morning and they were running late so I had to wait a bit) the coordinator that accompanied me told me in between small talks that this year they were indeed planning to take more students than usual in all RCA. She mentioned they were probably going to double up the number of students for humanities. I applied in History of Design so that's the info that I registered in that moment (LOL I was kinda nervous and probably blocked out the other numbers)but I do remember asking her if it was just for my course of for all the RCA courses and she said the latter.

Anyway, my interview went well, I guess. But you can never be sure, the competition is a lot and from so many different backgrounds, is tough to imagine what they would pick in the end. Fingers crossed!!! Can't wait for the end of the month.
Thanks for sharing that! Although I can't decide whether that's good news or it's going to make the rejection have more weight to it! I'd guess that some of us will have heard by the end of this week.
Reply 84
Unofficial offer for History of Design. Course administrator said the academic board is meeting today so I expect lots of people will find out soon. dunno why he told me last night instead of today.

Anyways pretty happy/surprised, especially after my interview :|

Now to see if I can afford it........
Original post by -smiles-
Unofficial offer for History of Design. Course administrator said the academic board is meeting today so I expect lots of people will find out soon. dunno why he told me last night instead of today.

Congrats and well done!! Good luck with finding some funding.
Reply 86
Original post by Drenoffa
Hello,
I've read someone mentioning this, but still; when I was waiting for my turn to be interviewed (I was the last of the morning and they were running late so I had to wait a bit) the coordinator that accompanied me told me in between small talks that this year they were indeed planning to take more students than usual in all RCA. She mentioned they were probably going to double up the number of students for humanities. I applied in History of Design so that's the info that I registered in that moment (LOL I was kinda nervous and probably blocked out the other numbers)but I do remember asking her if it was just for my course of for all the RCA courses and she said the latter.

Anyway, my interview went well, I guess. But you can never be sure, the competition is a lot and from so many different backgrounds, is tough to imagine what they would pick in the end. Fingers crossed!!! Can't wait for the end of the month.

I am wondering if you have any clue about the number of students they are planning to take in the sculpture department because it seems like they already have limited space so I am worried if numbers are too high then the space would be really small

Congrats! :smile: I also received an offer from Critical Writing in Art and Design, and I still am not so sure what they really meant by the Academic Approval. We will understand if we receive the formal letters in April.

And then comes the funding...

By the way I'm waiting for the result of my interview for the History of Design programme, although my interview went a bit nervous.
Anybody heard from the Fine Art department..?
Reply 89

Same exact situation. Very excited !!
Reply 90
Original post by Drenoffa
Same exact situation. Very excited !!

Are you international applicant as well?
Reply 91
Original post by glitter_ever
Anybody heard from the Fine Art department..?

I got an unofficial offer from the sculpture department the 25th of Feb. The day after my interview, which department did you apply to?
Original post by ronya
I got an unofficial offer from the sculpture department the 25th of Feb. The day after my interview, which department did you apply to?

Oh right, I applied for printmaking... ah, it doesn't look good.
Reply 93
Oh right, I applied for printmaking... ah, it doesn't look good.

No no nothing is official! Stay optimistic! And I don't think each department's pace are linked together at all! Good luck :smile:
Original post by ronya
No no nothing is official! Stay optimistic! And I don't think each department's pace are linked together at all! Good luck :smile:

:tongue: thanks! and well done to you, surely they were impressed with your work to get back the day after! are you going to accept once an official offers been made?
Reply 95
same concerns, how many students RCA are planning to take in this year? Double up?
Reply 96
:tongue: thanks! and well done to you, surely they were impressed with your work to get back the day after! are you going to accept once an official offers been made?

I am acctually a little concerned with the money like so many other people haha! but really want to go for sure!!
Please update us if anything comes through :smile:
Reply 97
Hi Ronya

I was wondering- did you receive your offer by email or post?

Thanks
Reply 98
Original post by Ostra
Hi Ronya

I was wondering- did you receive your offer by email or post?

Thanks

I received it by email, from the same person that contacted me for the interview!
I got an offer for History of Design, too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest