The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing-Edge Hill interview

Hey. I have received an interview to study children's nursing at Edge Hill university, and was wondering if anybody has been and could talk me through the day. Freaking out a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse.

I can make a guess that they will do the maths and English tests first, and then those who don't pass those will be asked to leave the process. Those who pass will then go onto an individual and/or group interview.

I'm not at Edge Hill, so that is just a guess, and I'm afraid I can't give any specific details to there, but I do have some general advice:

- Make sure you fully understand the role of a children's nurse
- Research about the university and their facilities, and about the latest nursing news. (BBC Health News is a good place to look)
- Understand the basics of the NMC Code of Conduct (2008) (This has recently been updated. There is a 2015 version due to into place on 31st March) and the NHS Constitution (2013) as you may be asked about these, or you may want to refer to them in your answers - which would come across very well
- Practice answers to questions you are likely to be asked
- Do some sample Maths and English tests (Papers can be found on Brighton and Birmingham City University's websites. Other universities may also provide their own)
- Maintain good posture and eye contact, and remember the tone of voice which you are speaking in. Speak clearly and slowly
- Remember that it's ok to ask to come back to a question at the end or ask for a minute to think about your answer. You are better to take your time and give a really good answer than blurt out something mediocre
- Actively listen as much as you talk

I've just given a few general tips. If you have any more questions, or want more specific tips based on the type of interview you are expecting, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Best of luck
Joel
Original post by Rhianne_Downton
Hey. I have received an interview to study children's nursing at Edge Hill university, and was wondering if anybody has been and could talk me through the day. Freaking out a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I had an interview yesterday for Edge Hill - I'll message you later with details etc..
Reply 3
Hi, has anyone recieved an offer from Edge Hill for Children's nursing for September 2017? I had my interview about 4 weeks ago and not heard anything yet?
Reply 4
Original post by H_dixon9
Hi, has anyone recieved an offer from Edge Hill for Children's nursing for September 2017? I had my interview about 4 weeks ago and not heard anything yet?

Hi, I have a children's nursing interview at Edge Hill on the 11th and I was just wondering what type of questions they asked during the interview? Thanks!
Reply 5
Hi i have an interview at edge hill soon, i just wanted to know how to prepare for the 2 exams and the interview
Hello, I have an interview for edge hill. I have been given Allen's story to watch and make notes on. Does anyone know what type of questions are asked for videos like this please?
Reply 7
Original post by sarahrocko
Hello, I have an interview for edge hill. I have been given Allen's story to watch and make notes on. Does anyone know what type of questions are asked for videos like this please?

I've also got my interview with Edge Hill soon for Adult Nursing, watching Allen's story I was thinking about questions maybe like how to deal with relatives, maybe decision making and consent. Maybe dealing with bereavement on a shift etc. But I've got no clue could be anything.
The best of luck to you with your interview though:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by eua78
I've also got my interview with Edge Hill soon for Adult Nursing, watching Allen's story I was thinking about questions maybe like how to deal with relatives, maybe decision making and consent. Maybe dealing with bereavement on a shift etc. But I've got no clue could be anything.
The best of luck to you with your interview though:smile:

Hi, I've got an interview with edge hill tomorrow and have been told to watch Allen's story too. Have you had your interview yet? If so what sort of questions did they ask? Hope it went well/ goes well for you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by graceanne._
Hi, I've got an interview with edge hill tomorrow and have been told to watch Allen's story too. Have you had your interview yet? If so what sort of questions did they ask? Hope it went well/ goes well for you :smile:

I’ve got a week yet till my interview, thanks for the good luck, same to you
Original post by eua78

Mine is on the 10th! Good luck all 😊
Original post by sarahrocko

Hi @sarahrocko

Congratulations on receiving an invitation to interview!

Our tutors will be looking for applicants enthusiasm and understanding for the role of a Nurse. They will also be looking for someone who understands the demands of the Nursing course and studying at University. You may find it useful as this course leads to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council to have a look at the standards of proficiency they have set out which you can look at here https://www.nmc.org.uk/

I would also advise that you read through the interview guidance you have been sent as this will outline everything you need to prepare.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your interview!

Luke
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by eua78

Hi @eua78

Congratulations on receiving an interview!

Best of Luck!

Luke
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by graceanne._

Hi @graceanne._

Congratulations on your invitation to interview.

I hope everything went well today!

Best of luck

Luke
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending