The Student Room Group

Fleet Air Arm AND RAF application?!

Hi People.

I'm currently in the lengthy process of hopefully, joining the Fleet Air Arm as a Pilot.

It's occurred to me, that because I'm 23, it'll be my first only attempt at it , and being that its probably best not pin all my hopes on one shot, Wwould it be possible to apply to the RAF at the same time? The RNAS would be my proffered service but, i really just want to fly.

So, my question is, being part way through the interview process for the Fleet Air Arm (I've got my Flight Aptitude test up at Cranwell on the 3rd of March) Would it hamper my application at all if i applied to the RAF? thoughts?

Many Thanks, T
Reply 1
Original post by thinkingbig
Hi People.

I'm currently in the lengthy process of hopefully, joining the Fleet Air Arm as a Pilot.

It's occurred to me, that because I'm 23, it'll be my first only attempt at it , and being that its probably best not pin all my hopes on one shot, Wwould it be possible to apply to the RAF at the same time? The RNAS would be my proffered service but, i really just want to fly.

So, my question is, being part way through the interview process for the Fleet Air Arm (I've got my Flight Aptitude test up at Cranwell on the 3rd of March) Would it hamper my application at all if i applied to the RAF? thoughts?

Many Thanks, T

You're going back to 1914?

No, having two applications will not hinder you, as you say it's just common sense. Just have a good answer ready for when they ask why.

Quick Reply

Latest