The Student Room Group

Caught on video-Halal slaughter houses abusing & torturing animals

Scroll to see replies

If you want to see what Halal slaughter actually is just Google 'eid slaughter'

But do it on an empty stomach
Reply 2
This is not right, by all accounts and measures what he's does is not allowed in Islam so, again - why put blame on people who have done nothing to you? Why condemn others because of actions of one man?
Original post by mr.gud
This is not right, by all accounts and measures what he's does is not allowed in Islam so, again - why put blame on people who have done nothing to you? Why condemn others because of actions of one man?

It's more than one man

no one's blaming 'people' whatever that means

What we are saying is it's time for the exemption regarding the ethical treatment of animals to be removed for Jews and Muslims
Halal is abuse and torture, why is anyone surprised?
More proof that meat eaters are disgusting scum and they should be forced to integrate in to our way of life not be allowed to enjoy their disgusting practices just because we're "not allowed" to criticise them and they get "offended".
WARNING: graphic video in spoiler.

Spoiler

watch this and then tell me it's only halal slaughter that's the problem
(edited 9 years ago)
Why does it matter if it's halal or not these r sick people who need to go jail. But hey we gotta blame the Muslims so people click on the link

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;63p47WTqBsQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63p47WTqBsQ&spfreload=10[/video]

really great video explaining what I was about to say
Animal abuse is unfortunately a far bigger problem than simply halal practices. It needs to be condemned whoever is doing it and stamped out. While I don't necessarily agree with halal practice, I feel if we focus too much on halal we may miss the wider problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
Animal abuse is unfortunately a far bigger problem than simply halal practices. It needs to be condemned whoever is doing it and stamped out. While I don't necessarily agree with halal practice, I feel if we focus too much on halal we may miss the wider problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

By making it a wider problem it may make dealing with 'the problem' unattainable.

Suffice to say, allowing the religious slaughter of animals should be the first 'problem'.

When you take into account that the religious slaughtering of animals has been, in recent years, funded by the government and forced on the unsuspecting populace of other demographics (at the behest of a minority) you should begin to see Halal as the biggest problem.

It gets worse, as when we see Halal food creeping in. We also see Muslim demographics complaining to have non-Halal products and services removed......... again, halal should be our number one concern ATM.
You wouldn't ban Kosher would you? that would be anti-Semitism. Yet you want to ban everything that makes Muslims, Muslim.

Actually I think one thing Britain and the West needs to do is talk about male circumcision that's barbaric but goes ignored while only rare female circumcision matters.

You would rather allow babies foreskins chopped off just because you fear of offending Jews?

There's evidence that circumcision causes psychological trauma which may explain Jewish bad behaviour.
I think we can all agree that was gruesome, but it's pretty ignorant to think that animals are only abused in halal slaughterhouses.
Original post by BackAgain
You wouldn't ban Kosher would you? that would be anti-Semitism. Yet you want to ban everything that makes Muslims, Muslim.

Ya never know, it may cause them to stop :biggrin:

Original post by BackAgain
Actually I think one thing Britain and the West needs to do is talk about male circumcision that's barbaric but goes ignored while only rare female circumcision matters.

Don't muslims practice male circumcision? Anyway, with guys it's just removing a bit of skin, with girls it's removing a lot more.

There's evidence that circumcision causes psychological trauma which may explain Jewish bad behaviour.

What *******s. Most North American men are circumcised, and maybe it could be added to the list of things which take the blame away from muslims for their own bad behaviour?
Reply 14
Original post by mr.gud

Where does your religion forbid what they did in that video?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

It is time to ban Halal slaughter. It's also time to ban the slaughter of nonhuman animals in general.

Similar scenes have been observed in numerous investigations of non-religious, secular slaughterhouses. See here, for instance:

WARNING: graphic and potentially distressing video in spoiler

Spoiler

Furthermore, there's no such thing as "humane" slaughter for millions of nonhuman animals every year in non-religious slaughterhouses. In a large proportion of cases, stunning goes wrong, meaning that the animals feel a great deal of pain before being stunned a second time or, if that fails, they're just slaughtered whilst alive.

In addition, other methods of slaughter such as the gassing of pigs are completely inhumane, and have the pigs gasping for breath for at least 20 seconds. See this video, for instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by viddy9
It is time to ban Halal slaughter. It's also time to ban the slaughter of nonhuman animals in general.

Similar scenes have been observed in numerous investigations of non-religious, secular slaughterhouses. See here, for instance:

Spoiler

Furthermore, there's no such thing as "humane" slaughter for millions of nonhuman animals every year in non-religious slaughterhouses. In a large proportion of cases, stunning goes wrong, meaning that the animals feel a great deal of pain before being stunned a second time or, if that fails, they're just slaughtered whilst alive.

In addition, other methods of slaughter such as the gassing of pigs are completely inhumane, and have the pigs gasping for breath for at least 20 seconds. See this video, for instance.

Didn't watch the video, but I hear you. It's a shame people will simply respond by saying "but meat tastes sooo good" or "who cares? it's just a dumb animal"....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Didn't watch the video, but I hear you. It's a shame people will simply respond by saying "but meat tastes sooo good" or "who cares? it's just a dumb animal"....

I'm hoping that the people who are outraged by the investigation of the Halal slaughterhouse would not use these fallacious arguments to rationalise eating the flesh of other sentient beings in other instances.

Unless these people are motivated by anti-Muslim sentiment and don't actually care about the plight of nonhuman animals, it's only logical that they reduce their meat consumption or go vegetarian seeing as the meat production process is rife with animal suffering.

So, yes, in everyday situations, most people would respond using the rationalisations you posted, but I hope that, at least in these kinds of threads, people will see the logical inconsistency of caring about the suffering of nonhuman animals in Halal slaughterhouses but continuing to eat meat.
Original post by viddy9
I'm hoping that the people who are outraged by the investigation of the Halal slaughterhouse would not use these fallacious arguments to rationalise eating the flesh of other sentient beings in other instances.

Unless these people are motivated by anti-Muslim sentiment and don't actually care about the plight of nonhuman animals, it's only logical that they reduce their meat consumption or go vegetarian seeing as the meat production process is rife with animal suffering.

So, yes, in everyday situations, most people would respond using the rationalisations you posted, but I hope that, at least in these kinds of threads, people will see the logical inconsistency of caring about the suffering of nonhuman animals in Halal slaughterhouses but continuing to eat meat.

I somewhat disagree. While the best, and most consistent option would to not kill animals altogether, this is clearly not going to happen on a large scale any time soon. Even if we continue to slaughter animals for now, I think it's important to minimise suffering whenever possible (basic utilitarianism). As such, I think it would be more effective to campaign for better conditions and methods for slaughter. Stunning is not perfect (the paper you linked to shows this along with ways it can be improved), but stunning combined with the halal method is the most humane option for now.
Reply 19
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
I somewhat disagree. While the best, and most consistent option would to not kill animals altogether, this is clearly not going to happen on a large scale any time soon. Even if we continue to slaughter animals for now, I think it's important to minimise suffering whenever possible (basic utilitarianism). As such, I think it would be more effective to campaign for better conditions and methods for slaughter. Stunning is not perfect (the paper you linked to shows this along with ways it can be improved), but stunning combined with the halal method is the most humane option for now.

I agree that large-scale campaigns should be devoted to reducing suffering in an incremental manner, however it doesn't mean that, on an individual basis, people who use these rationalisations and who are logically inconsistent in their beliefs and actions should not be called out.

The more people who become vegetarian on an individual basis, the less suffering there is. At the same time, we should also be campaigning for better conditions and CCTV cameras in all slaughterhouses, for example.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending