The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Social Life and BU

Hi!

I've applied to BU and been given an offer.

I just have a few questions regarding the social night life. I've read that the night life is pretty "big". Which is great. However, I'm not a huge fan of the clubbing life per se. I'm outgoing and social, but often just prefer to go out for some food, maybe chill at a bar and just generally have fun without the "club" part. Is Bournemouth then really the best place to go? Will i feel left out if I don't constantly participate in the club life. I don't mind going out to a club once in a while - but I'd rather do other things.

Thanks!
Hiya,

I live in Bournemouth, the nightlife is pretty good however I wouldn't say that all social life is orientated around clubs here. There's lots of other events which go off, nice restaurants (particularly Ashley Cross and Westbourne), bars and pubs which is an alternative if your not a great fan of clubbing. The number one pro is definitely the beach! Great in summer etc. Alternatively if you wanted to spend the day/night further a field obviously there's Bournemouth train station and night buses at a low price.

Hope this was some help! :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by julia_95
Hi!

I just have a few questions regarding the social night life. I've read that the night life is pretty "big". Which is great. However, I'm not a huge fan of the clubbing life per se. I'm outgoing and social, but often just prefer to go out for some food, maybe chill at a bar and just generally have fun without the "club" part. Is Bournemouth then really the best place to go? Will i feel left out if I don't constantly participate in the club life. I don't mind going out to a club once in a while - but I'd rather do other things.

Thanks!

Hi Julia_95

I am a second year archaeology student at BU. Honestly you wont feel left out if you don't go clubbing, there are so many alternatives!

Another good resturant (although I may be in the minority for liking it) is Days (it is fabulous! Seriously you need to go there at least once while you are here) There is also laser tag, cinemas and a lot of nice bars (you have Dylans on campus for one (which also serves good food and has a pool table, as well as a quiz night).

During the day you have a load of things you can do as well (the park in the town centre is really nice- especially in summer (ICE CREAMS!) and there is an aquarium to! (Also worth a visit).

I don't go clubbing or drinking at all, but honestly most people don't mind and wont leave you out :smile:

Bournemouth is so varied that it will be easy to find a nice bar or pub to go to rather than clubbing (and you would be surprised how many people actually prefer bars and pubs to clubs :biggrin:)

Hope that helps a little

All the best

Amy
Original post by julia_95
Hi!

Thanks!

Hello Julia,

I'm Chris and I am currently in my first year at BU! I was not a huge fan of clubbing either but since coming to Bournemouth I have started to enjoy it loads more! There are loads of other things you can do in the evening with friends, check out 'Buffalo' in Winton online its one of my favourite bars and they do great food too! Also have a look at Orange Rooms, Anvil and Inferno they are also really good fun!

Do not worry! There is absolutely nothing wrong with not enjoying clubbing! Just make sure that you make an effort to get to know your flatmates and the people on your course!

Hope this has helped! Did you have any other questions?

Chris :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending