The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anjurdsg
HAHAH! Hint Hint :rolleyes:

You're one of those cuuuute little girlies :wink:

Keep the game tight! Dont let the rope go slack! :biggrin:

What's that supposed to mean? Well I'm naturally playful and it's quite cute to play hard to get a little with the guy you like :biggrin: But you guys are right where to draw the line. I guess after each miserable failure you learn to get a bit closer where that line is!

But I don't want this to be a failure! I'm quite depressed about this whole thing. Should I call him, or is just asking for humiliation. And what would I say anyway "er.. I know I've been stringing you along, but now that you're ignoring me and it's not working anymore I'm want to treat you right" ??? That's really lame.

Anyone else has experience of getting a guy back to liking you? Afterall he can't just completely lose interest just like that??
he can, and most likely, has. in a way its delightfully ironic.
Reply 22
Anonymous
What's that supposed to mean? Well I'm naturally playful and it's quite cute to play hard to get a little with the guy you like :biggrin: But you guys are right where to draw the line. I guess after each miserable failure you learn to get a bit closer where that line is!

But I don't want this to be a failure! I'm quite depressed about this whole thing. Should I call him, or is just asking for humiliation. And what would I say anyway "er.. I know I've been stringing you along, but now that you're ignoring me and it's not working anymore I'm want to treat you right" ??? That's really lame.

Anyone else has experience of getting a guy back to liking you? Afterall he can't just completely lose interest just like that??
you now have to reverse the chase. you chase him instead of him chasing you.

then pull back again immediately and he'll chase you back :wink:
Yeah but how do u know where to draw the line? On one hand you dont want to be too honest, telling them u like them as that can also be off-putting, because guys like the chase, but on the other hand, i've learnt u shouldnt play hard to get too much either. How do u get the right balance, its very confusing!! lol

Limit the chasing time. To like...a month max is my recommendation. Then you could mix it up with a little bit of "give and chase". Just my recommendation.
Probably got bored of trying....

Playing hard to get, IMO, is ****ing annoying....
Reply 25
aati_x
urmm...when it comes to talkiing about feelings and emotions...etc...i talk to guy... soo you can't generalise that men aint bright in this catogary... us girls r jus very confusing..and expect them to read our minds... which may i add is impossible!

i know we are lol, but i meaning it like say in a situation and someone was upset or angry about something a male would ask 'whats up?' and the girl would go 'nothing' and then leave it.

a girl would know that ther is something up and keep asking! We can tell if somethings wrong with someone and know that if u ask them they will deny it!

its the same with playing hard to get. You keep pushing and pushing them away and they wont see your playing hard to get, they just see you as being annoying!
im beginning to think we play far too many mind games nowadays... back in the day it was like, daughter i have found you a suitable husband with 20 acres of land and 1000 pounds per annum to his name. You shall marry this Sunday :smile:
Reply 27
Anonymous
Hi guys,

basically have been dating this guy for a few months but always played hard to get, never let him know how I felt etc. He was really keen and did all the pursuing so this worked for a while. However since term started he's just changed. Now he almost never calls me anymore or txt, though I see him in groups and we talk on msn. When we do have contact I still feel as if he's interested and he definately flirts, but he just doesn't pursue anymore. Furthermore he's acting much harsher towards me, like the old manipulative ploys that us girls have just don't work with him anymore, he'll just say no.

Now this is freaking me out, cos actually I really like him but feel like I'm losing him. Is it cos I played too hard to get or he just suddenly lost interest? It seemed though that he really liked me! I should add that just before this change there were a couple of occasions I think he seriously tried to tell me he loved me but I just kinda ignored it/passed it as flirtatious frivolousness. And after that at parties I kinda acted badly, flirted with other guys and didn't show him attention..

I don't know. Now the other day I see him going to see a movie alone with another girl, and he treats me like a totally ordinary friend. And I'm just so jealous! Especially as this girl is a complete minger and dull into the bargain :tongue:

What should I do? is it he's just lost interest so I should move on, or he's hurt and thinks I'm a nasty, manipulative woman and has decided not to let me control him anymore, or he's hurt and needs some sign from me? I'm considering just calling him and explaining everything and asking him what's going on without all the games, but this is very against my usual 'play hard to get' instincts. Also isn't it a bit desperate/ like his playing hard to get is working. Dunno whether to do it today or let time pass..

so complicated- will never play any damn games again

Thanks for reading thus far, and HELP!!

I think you've answered your own question. :rolleyes: You've been playing hard to get and he's lost interest in you, in the way you like him to be.

Why do people still play hard to get? You'll only make that person give up and move on. I don't find it attractive but then again I don't find a girl being over flirty attractive either, dammit just be normal! lol :biggrin:

"They still make you?" - Chris Rock
Reply 28
yellowdots
im beginning to think we play far too many mind games nowadays... back in the day it was like, daughter i have found you a suitable husband with 20 acres of land and 1000 pounds per annum to his name. You shall marry this Sunday :smile:

How about "Ug!" [BOSH!] Caveman stylee.
Reply 29
be direct... phone him... tell him... or over msn if its easier and i suspect it would be... just be completly straight and tell him how you feel and tell him that you were playing hard to get and took it too far...
welshandy
be direct... phone him... tell him... or over msn if its easier and i suspect it would be... just be completly straight and tell him how you feel and tell him that you were playing hard to get and took it too far...

hey, you think so? that's what my instincts are telling me, as if it was the other way round I'd be angry but not able to completely lose interest just like that. If I were him I'd be very susceptible to persuasion..

Have tried phoning him these few days, but his phone's never switched on and he's not on msn, so frustrating :frown:

Having terrible images of him with that girl :mad:
The Guru
How about "Ug!" [BOSH!] Caveman stylee.

Ah if only we could revert back to that, life would be so much easier.... :biggrin:
Reply 32
k theres no problem with playing hard to get as a bit of fun but it has to be give and take. its just that if a girl protests she doesnt like you (and means it), and you chase her (thinking she is playing hard to get)then eventually you will make her say something you both wish she wouldnt had. what guy wants that?

Latest

Trending

Trending