The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

worth applying to LSE?

I’m planning on sending off my application tonight - I am aware this is quite late however it is partially due to the fact that I cannot decide on a 5th choice.
Others have said I should apply to LSE to do international relations however i’m concerned about the competitiveness of my application.
My alevel predicted grades are A*AA (they are asking for AAA) however my GCSES are 88777665 (5 in art).
Evidently my GCSES don’t help me in this case however I do have extenuating circumstances - I had the entirety of year 10 off of school due to bad mental health and returned October of year 11, I also attended the worst school in my area and my grades were in the top 10 overall.
I am also applying to UCL, Manchester, York and Leeds which are all relatively competitive so I was wondering if i’d be wasting an application on LSE. It’s not necessarily my dream uni however it has always been on my mind. Please feel free to be brutally honest as i’m sending this off soon and do not want to make a bad decision. Sorry for asking such a common (and probably tiring) question however I cannot shake off the anxiety I feel from making this decision.
Thought I would mention that my personal statement is very strong according to teachers and even said to be in the top 5 of personal statements one of my teachers have read.
Thank you!
It's only one choice out of five, and you only need two offers. No reason not to roll the dice.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
It's only one choice out of five, and you only need two offers. No reason not to roll the dice.

This is exactly what I was thinking, I think i’m just a bit afraid of getting rejected from UCL and Manchester which are my top two and then LSE on top of that - praying this will not be the case… Thank you for the reply!
Reply 3
Original post by tsr7658625
I’m planning on sending off my application tonight - I am aware this is quite late however it is partially due to the fact that I cannot decide on a 5th choice.
Others have said I should apply to LSE to do international relations however i’m concerned about the competitiveness of my application.
My alevel predicted grades are A*AA (they are asking for AAA) however my GCSES are 88777665 (5 in art).
Evidently my GCSES don’t help me in this case however I do have extenuating circumstances - I had the entirety of year 10 off of school due to bad mental health and returned October of year 11, I also attended the worst school in my area and my grades were in the top 10 overall.
I am also applying to UCL, Manchester, York and Leeds which are all relatively competitive so I was wondering if i’d be wasting an application on LSE. It’s not necessarily my dream uni however it has always been on my mind. Please feel free to be brutally honest as i’m sending this off soon and do not want to make a bad decision. Sorry for asking such a common (and probably tiring) question however I cannot shake off the anxiety I feel from making this decision.
Thought I would mention that my personal statement is very strong according to teachers and even said to be in the top 5 of personal statements one of my teachers have read.
Thank you!

Hey I am doing almost the exact same thing and I think its wortha try as long as you have the grades for math and english gcses you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending