The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Gnostic V
Women will be what I tell them to be.

Yes, women are destined to be our subordinates due to their intellectual and physical weakness/inferiority.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Gnostic V
Indeed. Unfortunately it does take a philosopher (or two) to see this in these wicked and dark days of female emancipation.

Jolly good, glad to see you've still got your head stuck up your backside.
Contemporary feminism is just re-hashed, crude, Marxism (in fact there's a quote somewhere in which Marx says that oppression begins with the oppression of women). Instead of working class versus bosses, we've got two opposing gender classes. And guess which class is supposed to be the oppressor.?.. All this of course is a bit hard on Marx, who was a notorious womaniser, and who also was a very good historian of capitalism as well as a total arsehole and a very frightening, sweaty, bearded Germanic nutter (apologies to my German friends), who contrary to rumour would have thoroughly approved of Stalin...Of course given the snidey, bitchy, two-faced authoritarianism of post war feminism you can see why the sisters were always so soft on the USSR .....

Feminism: by hypocrites for hypocrites
W.A.S Hewins
Contemporary feminism is just re-hashed, crude, Marxism (in fact there's a quote somewhere in which Marx says that oppression begins with the oppression of women). Instead of working class versus bosses, we've got two opposing gender classes. And guess which class is supposed to be the oppressor.?.. All this of course is a bit hard on Marx, who was a notorious womaniser, and who also was a very good historian of capitalism as well as a total arsehole and a very frightening, sweaty, bearded Germanic nutter (apologies to my German friends), who contrary to rumour would have thoroughly approved of Stalin...Of course given the snidey, bitchy, two-faced authoritarianism of post war feminism you can see why the sisters were always so soft on the USSR .....

Feminism: by hypocrites for hypocrites

I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that there is more than one brand of feminism, not just the conflict one which you discuss above, and that some brands are simply about womens rights.
Imagashead
I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that there is more than one brand of feminism, not just the conflict one which you discuss above, and that some brands are simply about womens rights.

Fair enough: a number of revisionist feminists would subdivide it as follows: gender feminists (bad) and equity feminists (good). Gender feminists are class warriors in the crude version of Marxism, equity feminists are generally concerned about equality as a principle and are supposedly just as concerned about the rights of males as they are about the rights of females - the two concerns are interlocking and equality means just that - equality. As you can imagine from even brief exposure to our media, the latter are a tiny minority: the kind of feminism we currently enjoy in our lives is based on a sarcastic double-standard: it's ok for women to diss men but men must be very careful about how they treat women..etc etc

Feminism has become a huge, corrupt establishment, endorsed by wimpy public schoolboys like Tony Blair and brothel creeping old judges from the same background (Fogey Feminists). Why else do you think otherwise sane adult males are driven to such expediencies as throwing missiles in the House of Commons?- the law is steadily becoming a matriarchy designed to protect the lifestyles of middle class women.

But the really bad news is this: even the more mild mannered feminisms are based on the same conflict theory.All forms of feminism are constructed on the proposition that men are the enemy, in some form or another. There is no way that feminism, in whatever form, however disguised, will create social harmony and a sophisticated, individualistic approach to social problems.

So yes there are different forms of feminism, but even equity feminism is at bottom a conflict theory, and not one of them is about liking or appreciating men.
Reply 25
W.A.S Hewins
Fair enough: a number of revisionist feminists would subdivide it as follows: gender feminists (bad) and equity feminists (good). Gender feminists are class warriors in the crude version of Marxism, equity feminists are generally concerned about equality as a principle and are supposedly just as concerned about the rights of males as they are about the rights of females - the two concerns are interlocking and equality means just that - equality. As you can imagine from even brief exposure to our media, the latter are a tiny minority: the kind of feminism we currently enjoy in our lives is based on a sarcastic double-standard: it's ok for women to diss men but men must be very careful about how they treat women..etc etc

Feminism has become a huge, corrupt establishment, endorsed by wimpy public schoolboys like Tony Blair and brothel creeping old judges from the same background (Fogey Feminists). Why else do you think otherwise sane adult males are driven to such expediencies as throwing missiles in the House of Commons?- the law is steadily becoming a matriarchy designed to protect the lifestyles of middle class women.

But the really bad news is this: even the more mild mannered feminisms are based on the same conflict theory.All forms of feminism are constructed on the proposition that men are the enemy, in some form or another. There is no way that feminism, in whatever form, however disguised, will create social harmony and a sophisticated, individualistic approach to social problems.

So yes there are different forms of feminism, but even equity feminism is at bottom a conflict theory, and not one of them is about liking or appreciating men.

Did i say anything about feminism? No. Do I care whether you call me a gender feminist when it's completely not true.No. Why don't you stop being so obnoxious and start acting your age, i.e. get a life, a job and stop thinking LSE/yourself is the best thing ever.
The post from Clare illustrates the point: you disagree with feminism and all you get is personal abuse, from people who don't have the knowledge to make reasoned arguments.

Feminism: by fishwives for fishwives...
Reply 27
W.A.S Hewins
The post from Clare illustrates the point: you disagree with feminism and all you get is personal abuse, from people who don't have the knowledge to make reasoned arguments.

Feminism: by fishwives for fishwives...

:rolleyes: right. This is not about feminism though is it, and I can't be bothered to argue with you anymore-haven't you got anything better to do?
claire1985
:rolleyes: right. This is not about feminism though is it, and I can't be bothered to argue with you anymore-haven't you got anything better to do?

Many people would argue that feminism has quite a lot to do with women, especially women in universities: at least unlike some people I've actually read feminist theory...

Latest

Trending

Trending