The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Problems With £1 UH Student Fare Resolved / 797 Greenline Service Replacement.

:smile: Following on from my previous threads (see below) regarding validity and use of the recently introduced UNO UH £1 Student/Staff fare:

I have received communication from UNO after persisting with them both verbally and in writing over the matter that - quote - " once and for all the issue is sorted " and as I thought, it was programming issues. So all being well there should be no problems from now on: to reiterate, it can be bought on any UNO service in Hatfield.

For further info. go to www.unobus.info news section.

Don`t forget to complete the new Hertfordshire County Council consultation document regarding forthcoming bus service cuts intended for Sept 2015 onwards in which it is proposed to cut virtually all non-commercial bus services after 19.30 Mon- Sats, Sundays and Bank Holidays ( as these normally run to Sunday times) -the only exception on Sundays/B.hols.are those buses that serve hospitals up to 19.30 hrs.

Go www.hertsdirect.org/busconsult

Those of you who completed the first consultation back in the summer/early autumn may care to know that any petitions done in that period, do not count towards the new consultation that will close at midnight 10th April 2015. In other words, it`s back to square one again.

Finally, As some of you have no doubt heard, the GreenLine 797 limited stop service (Stevenage- Hatfield- Hendon- Swiss Cottage- Baker St.- London Victoria & return), much used by students for the daily commute or leisure travel will cease to be operated as we know it from 01 March 2015. Arriva who currently run the service regard it as commercially unviable.

UNO, however, have stepped in to save the day but with a reduced Mon- Fri only service. This will operate from 02nd March Mon-Fri with the existing timetable, until 29th March when a new amended timetable will operate then on.

The amended timetable until published on the UNO website can be seen by entering in Greenline 797 saved by UNO! Here To There Publishing Blog.

Sorry no direct link as yet.

Comments welcome.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending