The Student Room Group

Need A-level certificates as evidence for an offer but didn’t receive

I did my A-levels in 2022, but only received a certificate for 1 out of 3 A-levels. However I need it as evidence. Problem is my sixth form is now on summer holiday so will prob not reply to my emails. Do I just bite the bullet and pay for Edexcel replacements despite not even getting it in the first place ?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Unknown_030
I did my A-levels in 2022, but only received a certificate for 1 out of 3 A-levels. However I need it as evidence. Problem is my sixth form is now on summer holiday so will prob not reply to my emails. Do I just bite the bullet and pay for Edexcel replacements despite not even getting it in the first place ?

You will almost certainly have to pay for them at this stage. These certificates would have been sent out around October last year, and if you didn't receive any you should have complained at the time and resolved the issue then. It would be worth calling the school office on Monday to see if there is anybody there who can help you, but unless they have your certificates there awaiting collection you'll have to pay for a replacement irrespective of whether you were sent any at the time or now...
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BeingBoring
You will almost certainly have to pay for them at this stage. These certificates would have been sent out around October last year, and if you didn't receive any you should have complained at the time and resolved the issue then. It would be worth calling the school office on Monday to see if there is anybody there who can help you, but unless they have your certificates there awaiting collection you'll have to pay for a replacement irrespective of whether you were sent any at the time or now...

Ye I shouldve my fault. Just thought as those 2 were same exam board it will just come separate but forgot about it. U think my sixth form may pay it as it’s their fault?
Original post by Unknown_030
Ye I shouldve my fault. Just thought as those 2 were same exam board it will just come separate but forgot about it. U think my sixth form may pay it as it’s their fault?

No harm in asking, but unless they are hanging onto them on your behalf I expect they'll say you should have let them know about the problem at the time. It really depends how much time you have, if you need the certificates soon then you probably don't have time to have the argument, but if you don't ask, you don't get!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending