The Student Room Group

i feel so hurt and used? help?

So i am 20 and have never been approached by a guy or ever dated one. Anyway, this one guy came up to me and introduce himself to me and suddenly being quite nice to me so i thought well, finally someone who is interested in me. Naturally, i felt quite happy about it and my confidence increased a little bit (i have low self esteem by the way)

But then, I recently found out that there was an intention he approached me and be all nice to me, which makes me realise that he is probably 99% just faking it all along anyway.

So right now i actually feel hurt that i was kinda used and cheated for a little bit, i actually start liking him for a few days (thank god i found out his intention just after 2 weeks). Now i feel all stupid, he probably thinks i am such a fool anyway. Not only i feel stupid, i feel like i am worthless too, like will i ever get someone to like me in a romantic way? My best friend is so gorgeous she has guys lining up for her it just makes me so jealous sometimes.
You're not worthless. You just need to learn and be more wary. (This coming from a scam victim btw)
Reply 2
Hey come on, please don't feel worthless or stupid. You're not a fool. I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's not your fault. Don't worry about this...he's in the wrong here, not you. It's quite a common occurrence actually, people get used quote often (whether it's for sexual purposes or any other favours). Learn a lesson from this experience. You can't trust everyone by default. You'll find that a lot of people are decent and sincere, but there'll always be those sly ones who take advantage of people. I can assure you that you will find someone who is genuinely interested in you in a romantic way, don't give up hope just because of this bad experience. There are good people out there and you'll find a decent man soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending