The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Mass Communications Course

Hey!

This might be a bit long, but I have to set the scene a lil bit.

I currently hold offers at University of Portsmouth for Creative and Media Writing and Journalism with Media Studies. But I'm planning on declining my offers and applying to Hertfordshire through Ucas Extra. However I'm still kind of unsure.

I've been to Hertfordshire a few times and loved it. The atmosphere seems great which is important as I've already been to uni once and I withdrew after 7 weeks because I didn't appreciate the course (I studied Creative Writing and then changed to Mass Communications, which is different to the Mass Comms course at Hertfordshire), the lecturers weren't very helpful, and the students were rather clicky. I don't want to get it wrong again, there's too much money involved to get it wrong haha.

I was just wondering whether anyone could shed some light on what the Mass Communications course is like at Hertfordshire as that is what I will most likely apply for. I.e. lecturers, work load/coursework... It seems a lot more practical, which is what my previous course lacked. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Hi a.c.s_x,

Thank you for your question.

The Mass Communications course at the University of Hertfordshire includes a mixture of both traditional seminar and lecture based teaching with practical workshops.

You can choose to study 4 out of 6 subjects from the following: Film, Journalism, New Media Publishing, Creative Writing, Media Cultures and English Language & Communication.

Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to develop your own portfolio which can help you to find employment after you graduate.

There are lots of examples of student work and quotes from current students on our website here.

If you would like to visit our campus, take a look at our website here for all the details about our open days and tours.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks,
Heather
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending