The Student Room Group

University of Manchester Msc Marketing 2022-23

I got rejected by University of Manchester today. But I don't understand why they could have rejected me. I truly want to know what I need to work on. I have a 8.96/10 CGPA with 7 months of work experience in management and social media marketing. And I am currently a Journalism and mass communication student.

I sent them a lot of mails asking questions when I initially applied because I was extremely confused as the links they were sending me were suspended and I was no asked for any reference contact either. After 2-3 emails they stopped answering my email. And my application status was stuck on Application received for a month and also until 10 minutes before I got the rejection email.

I am really confused. Do you think I should apply again? What is your advice ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sanarah
I got rejected by University of Manchester today. But I don't understand why they could have rejected me. I truly want to know what I need to work on. I have a 8.96/10 CGPA with 7 months of work experience in management and social media marketing. And I am currently a Journalism and mass communication student.

I sent them a lot of mails asking questions when I initially applied because I was extremely confused as the links they were sending me were suspended and I was no asked for any reference contact either. After 2-3 emails they stopped answering my email. And my application status was stuck on Application received for a month and also until 10 minutes before I got the rejection email.

MSc Marketing is the hardest course to get into at AMBS. It has an acceptance rate of below 15%. I know it's hard and no words can clam you down at this moment. They may have various reasons for your rejection apart from your academics. For instance, looking at your personal statement felt that you were not a right fit for their program. That doesn't mean you are not good enough for any unis. So consider your back up options.

If it make you any better my cousin was rejected by uni of Glasgow for MSc management but was offered a place by UCL.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sanarah

Hi, I am applying for the same course now and my work experience as well as my cgpa is quite similar to yours, can you please tell me what all places did you ultimately got accepted into?
Surprisingly, both me and my friend got an offer but I think it is because the number of applications from my country is very few. Maybe they want people from diverse cultures and the offer came a week after I submitted my application. But no worries, there are other unis with great programs like the Uni of Edinburgh, Durham, and U of Bristol.
Reply 4
Original post by smnycrystal
Surprisingly, both me and my friend got an offer but I think it is because the number of applications from my country is very few. Maybe they want people from diverse cultures and the offer came a week after I submitted my application. But no worries, there are other unis with great programs like the Uni of Edinburgh, Durham, and U of Bristol.

Hi, congrats! Did you guys have to submit reference letters?
Original post by Sav59
Hi, congrats! Did you guys have to submit reference letters?

Of course! I submitted 1. Surprisingly, they didn’t ask for 1 more. But I’ve already declined the offer two months ago :”)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending