The Student Room Group

Medway School of Pharmacy here to help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melodious345
Okay. Thank you so much!!

You are very welcome.

If you have any queries, please message me at any time! I hope you have a pleasant journey.

Sammi :smile:
Reply 41
Hey guys...i need some help over here..i hv got to do my research project for undergrad studies (B.Pharm) but im stucked with my title..i have got no idea on how to come up with a title..can some1 help me?
Reply 42
HELP PLEASE!

Pharmacy students have to register on the coming Sunday, however on the email sent there is no timing detail??
so what time do I have to arrive?
Also I live in London so would the inter-campus bus be working?? if so where can i get the bus from? exactly where in Greenwich?

Thanks in advance
Original post by Amziie3
HELP PLEASE!

Pharmacy students have to register on the coming Sunday, however on the email sent there is no timing detail??
so what time do I have to arrive?
Also I live in London so would the inter-campus bus be working?? if so where can i get the bus from? exactly where in Greenwich?

Thanks in advance

Hi Amziie,

I'm very sorry that i didn't see your post.

Did you manage to sort everything? If you need any help please e-mail me [email protected]

I hope you've enjoyed day 1 of your induction!

Sammi
I wanted to apply for medway school of pharmacy, to study pharmacy and i was wondering if i meet the alevel criteria, will i still be considered if i have a C in Gcse English language and an A in Gcse maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidinho123
I wanted to apply for medway school of pharmacy, to study pharmacy and i was wondering if i meet the alevel criteria, will i still be considered if i have a C in Gcse English language and an A in Gcse maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good morning,

Sorry this took me so long to reply to, our admissions manager was on holiday and i wanted to get an official answer to you.

All applications are reviewed on an individual basis, but after speaking to our manager, with this criteria, you would be accepted into the MPharm programme.

For more information please contact Debby on [email protected]

I hope this helped,

Sammi.
Reply 46
Yo, i do A-level Chemistry, A-level Maths and A-level computer science.
Can i get in without A-level biology?
Please could i have more information on the test that we have to do after we have been invited to pharmacy course
Hello what kind of ethical questions comes up. And how is the interview like. Also worried about the test does it test us on english.
Original post by Wanem69
Yo, i do A-level Chemistry, A-level Maths and A-level computer science.
Can i get in without A-level biology?

Good Morning,

Yes, the Maths is considered as a "science".

Original post by Ophelia123
Please could i have more information on the test that we have to do after we have been invited to pharmacy course

Good morning,

The test covers basic Maths and English, unfortunately i cannot give you more information than that. There is not much preparation you can do beforehand. Do not panic, as mentioned it is basic, so if you have met our criteria you should be fine! :smile:

Sammi
Original post by Lollllllll
Hello what kind of ethical questions comes up. And how is the interview like. Also worried about the test does it test us on english.

Hi,

As you can imagine, i cannot give you any information with regards to content of the questions that come up on the test.

All i am allowed to say is that it covers basic Maths and English.

Hope that helps,

Sammi
Reply 52
Hi Sammi, how is the pharmacy program at the Medway School of Pharmacy? I am thinking about applying for the pharmacology & physiology course there, but i noticed that this course was launched in September of last year, so I am not sure if i would be taking a risk by applying to the school for that course. Please give me your personal perspective of the school's environment, the people, and your prgram there. thanks! :smile:
Reply 53
Hi, Sammi! how is the pharmacy program at the Medway school of pharmacy? i am thinking about applying for the pharmacology & physiology course there, but i noticed that it recently launched in September of last year, so I am not sure if i will be taking a risk by applying to Medway. Please give me your personal perspective of the environment and academic status there. thank you! :smile:
Hi Sammi, im currently applying for 2016 through UCAS for Pharmacy and I was just wondering whether i would be considered with GCSE Eng Lang grade C and GCSE Maths grade B. My AS Levels are AAB.
Thank you
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Good morning,

Sorry this took me so long to reply to, our admissions manager was on holiday and i wanted to get an official answer to you.

All applications are reviewed on an individual basis, but after speaking to our manager, with this criteria, you would be accepted into the MPharm programme.

For more information please contact Debby on [email protected]

I hope this helped,

Sammi.

I study pharmacolgy at UEL. I'm in my first year, would I be able to transfer to second year of Mpharm
Reply 56
Hi Sammi, I've applied for Pharmacy at Medway and I've been invited to an interview. I was wondering if it will be a panel interview or another type of interview? I'm also unsure about the dress code for it - will you be able to answer my questions? Thank you very much in advance! I'm looking forward to meeting the staff and students at the uni!
Original post by zyxzjs
Hi Sammi, I've applied for Pharmacy at Medway and I've been invited to an interview. I was wondering if it will be a panel interview or another type of interview? I'm also unsure about the dress code for it - will you be able to answer my questions? Thank you very much in advance! I'm looking forward to meeting the staff and students at the uni!

Good afternoon,

The interviews are very informal, and are 1-1 with one of our academics. Dress professionally, that would be my best advise.

You should have been e-mailed with information on how the day will be run. If you have not been sent this, please direct message me your name and e-mail address and i will get this sent out to you.

I am sure you are going to do great, and we very much look forward to meeting you too!

Original post by jonz
Hi Sammi, how is the pharmacy program at the Medway School of Pharmacy? I am thinking about applying for the pharmacology & physiology course there, but i noticed that this course was launched in September of last year, so I am not sure if i would be taking a risk by applying to the school for that course. Please give me your personal perspective of the school's environment, the people, and your prgram there. thanks! :smile:

Hi Jonz,

It depends which course you are applying for.
The BSc(Hons) Pharmacology and Physiology programme has been running for two years, so there will be some final year students by the time you will arrive in September.

The BSc(Hons) Pharmacology and Physiology with Integrated Foundation year was only launched this year. It serves a purpose for those who do not necessarily get the grades to enter on to our degree programmes directly, or for mature students who may not have studied for a number of years.

Our Pharmacology (main course) is going very well. Our academic's are world renowned experts in the field, and are highly respected. Obviously this means that their connections allow you to network with experts all around the world.

I am not a student here, but a member of staff, so it wouldn't be fair to give my personal opionion. However, here are why some of our student's chose Medway School of Pharmacy, i hope it helps!! http://www.msp.ac.uk/student-life/student-profiles/current/index.html

If you have any further questions, please let me know! :smile:

Sammi
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by randoms132
Hi Sammi, im currently applying for 2016 through UCAS for Pharmacy and I was just wondering whether i would be considered with GCSE Eng Lang grade C and GCSE Maths grade B. My AS Levels are AAB.
Thank you

Good Morning,

The quick answer to that question would be yes.
The GSCE Maths is the most important requirement with regards to GSCE's and you have great AS grades.

We look forward to your application!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending