The Student Room Group

Social Mobility Foundation Residential Programme

I've applied for a residential programme for this summer with the Social Mobility Foundation and I was wondering whether anyone has had a reply about whether they've been accepted or not? I know they said mid to late February but getting a bit nervous about it now :s

Scroll to see replies

I've applied too but they haven't got back to me either - they've just updated their FB page saying they're still selecting people and we should hear from them soon! Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by GeekyAlec
I've applied too but they haven't got back to me either - they've just updated their FB page saying they're still selecting people and we should hear from them soon! Fingers crossed :biggrin:

Hopefully! I've just had an email today saying that they will be getting back to applicants in early March so definitely fingers crossed!!:biggrin:
What residentials have you applied to? I've applied for the London Whitehall!
Reply 4
Original post by Emilymolly19
What residentials have you applied to? I've applied for the London Whitehall!

I've applied for the Medicine residential, really nervous now just want to know if I've got in or not :/ Good luck! I guess we shall find out next week 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steph100698
I've applied for the Medicine residential, really nervous now just want to know if I've got in or not :/ Good luck! I guess we shall find out next week 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh good luck! What gcses did you get? And what did you write about on your application if you don't mind me asking!
Reply 6
Ohh good luck! What gcses did you get? And what did you write about on your application if you don't mind me asking!

I got 6 A's 3B's and a Distinction in Additional Maths, what about you? For the "You are a product of your own environment I talked about how we are all individuals and that there are other factors involved and then just talked about a bunch of case studies. And then for the biggest problem in the world I talked about overpopulation, what kind of things did you write? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 6 A's 3B's and a Distinction in Additional Maths, what about you? For the "You are a product of your own environment I talked about how we are all individuals and that there are other factors involved and then just talked about a bunch of case studies. And then for the biggest problem in the world I talked about overpopulation, what kind of things did you write? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's amazing! I got 3A*s, 6As and a B! And I wrote about gender inequality both in the east and the west! For the product of your environment I wrote about meritocracy and the influence of a persons environment and for the dinner question I wrote about daisy bates!
Reply 8
Aw that's amazing! I got 3A*s, 6As and a B! And I wrote about gender inequality both in the east and the west! For the product of your environment I wrote about meritocracy and the influence of a persons environment and for the dinner question I wrote about daisy bates!

Wow! Them grades are amazing too! For the dinner question I wrote about Elizabeth Garret Anderson, it took me ages to decide for that question, there were just too many people to choose from! I was also trying not to be too predictable and obvious as well 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow! Them grades are amazing too! For the dinner question I wrote about Elizabeth Garret Anderson, it took me ages to decide for that question, there were just too many people to choose from! I was also trying not to be too predictable and obvious as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still haven't heard from them yet but fingers crossed :s I spent absolutely ages on the application haha! For the dinner question I talked about Gregor Mendel haha and for the biggest problem I talked about the media and the effect of youtubers and vloggers on our generation. I talked about the Neolithic revolution for the product of environment question and about how conditions such as cystic fibrosis highlight a person's experience of life due to their genome.
Still haven't heard from them yet but fingers crossed :s I spent absolutely ages on the application haha! For the dinner question I talked about Gregor Mendel haha and for the biggest problem I talked about the media and the effect of youtubers and vloggers on our generation. I talked about the Neolithic revolution for the product of environment question and about how conditions such as cystic fibrosis highlight a person's experience of life due to their genome.

That sounds so good!!! What residential did you apply for?
That sounds so good!!! What residential did you apply for?

Medicine - fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Medicine - fingers crossed! :biggrin:

Good luck! Your application sounds impressive!
Good luck! Your application sounds impressive!

Thank you! You too! :smile:
Anyone heard back about uni visits?
Has anybody else received confirmation yet? I've been told I've been provisionally accepted, just have to send off some forms :smile:
Original post by katiejardine
Has anybody else received confirmation yet? I've been told I've been provisionally accepted, just have to send off some forms :smile:

I have too!!! Where you from? :smile:
I have too!!! Where you from? :smile:

Peterborough area, you? What one did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by katiejardine
Peterborough area, you? What one did you apply for? :smile:

Liverpool 😊 I applied for Whitehall you?
Liverpool 😊 I applied for Whitehall you?

Whitehall London :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest