The Student Room Group

Pharmacy question

Hi there I would like do ask if I did applied science level 2 and health and social care level 1 and want to apply for pharmacy how likely is it that I would have to do a foundation year for pharmacy.Thank you
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Emma9272
Hi there I would like do ask if I did applied science level 2 and health and social care level 1 and want to apply for pharmacy how likely is it that I would have to do a foundation year for pharmacy.Thank youn

Hi there @Emma9272 ! It's great to hear that you are interested in Pharmacy, and passionate about pursuing it further!:elefant:

Every University is different; at DMU we offer a Pharmacy Year Zero, when our Admissions team are able to, for applicants that might not have the typical achievements that match up to our Entry Criteria :cyber:

My best advice would be to look a the Universities' Course Pages, for all the institutions you're browsing on their main website(s), to look at their Pharmacy courses and if they have a similar related course such as a Year Zero or Foundation year! The Entry Criteria are nearly always listed and a general rough idea of what is needed is a Level 3 qualification and GCSEs - but every path to Uni is different. If in doubt giving the Admissions team or the general Enquiries team a call, for a Uni you are interested in, can help find a source to guide you through next steps!:call:

If a Foundation course is offered to you when you apply to a Pharmacy programme, it may just be to give you a year to adapt to the programme before going onto Pharmacy. Foundation years can give you extra time and space to really grow - a little adjustment time before-hand which can be really helpful to settle in!:tee:

I hope this was helpful! Best wishes,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending