The Student Room Group

Do you look young or old for your age?

Scroll to see replies

I've looked like a 12 year old for the past 6 years :frown: People still ask me which GCSEs I'm going to chose, even though I'm in year 13
Younger -_- FFS.
I'd say I look my age, stopped getting asked for ID once I got piercings though :biggrin:
Original post by GoldStarStickers
I've looked like a 12 year old for the past 6 years :frown: People still ask me which GCSEs I'm going to chose, even though I'm in year 13

I know the feeling!! The guy at the cinema tried to sell me an under 14's cinema ticket the other day and I'm in upper 6th!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18 and I look about 14 or 15 maybe even 13. I dress normal, I guess, in jeans and stuff and I DO NOT cake on the make up like the girls at 14 do. I have been asked for id to watch movies rated 15 and I always get away with buying child passes.
I thought I looked my age, however I've been mistaken for a teacher at my school by other students - twice (I'm 17).

One of my teachers is fairly young (in his early 20s); in the first lesson in September one of the 'external' sixth form students (someone who didn't attend the lower school) thought he was a member of the class also waiting for the teacher to arrive.
I look like just the same age as I am.
Young. Regularly described as 'cute'
I got served at a bar sans ID at 13 when a 19 year old guy got IDed just before me.

Win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On bad a day with tacky facial hair you might mistake me for being the author of the Torah.
Young, i've had from 12-14. :erm:
Definitely younger.

I'm early twenties and people always say I look about 16 which is not even funny nor is it a compliment.

I've actually had people ask me if I'm even old enough to sell alcohol. :mad:
Reply 52
Nothing worse than being told you look like a foetus with a mustache by an attractive woman -.-
I'm 16 but I often get mistaken for a 19/20 year old?
Without makeup I look really old, I've got tons of wrinkles from drinking but who gives a ****? Live fast die young.
Everything is about interpretation, when I was younger even about 15 people at school used to ask me to buy them drink or cigs as I looked older, just like I was called fat despite being at ideal weight for bmi or actually underweight because I am broad built, when I got to 25 and also gained weight people often think I am about 24 even now I have reached 30 but at same time its if someone looks upon you positve or negative i.e if someone was indifferent they will give you a younger age, if they took a dislike to you it would be the upper range of their guess i.e if you looked 25-30 they would say you looked 30, if they liked you they may think 25 i.e lower end.

Women are often a harder guess these days due to the modern type of make up, the amount of women I have seen make up free that look their age or even a little older due to things like duller skin, spots, crows feet(even women aged about 20) that when have make up on you cannot see any flaws so assume they are younger.
I'm 18 and look younger
Bout my age I guess
Reply 58
I'm almost 20 but sometimes people can mistake me to be as young as 15!
Reply 59
Well people tell me different things. I'm almost 18 but people have said that I look 10 or 15 which is weird because when I was 16, I was told that I looked like I was 18. Makes no sense, maybe its because I got rid of my fringe...

Quick Reply

Latest