The Student Room Group

5 A Levels

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123chloe321
Is French A Levels a really big jump from GCSE.

I'm doing Spanish and it definitely is! It is really enjoyable to do but make sure you love it as it takes a lot of time!! :smile:
I'm not 100%.. I'm quite interested in either going into Medicine or Law x

If you are thinking of doing medicine you should probably take maths.
Reply 22
That's good, what a levels had you took if you're interested in Law x

I've taken Spanish and French, cause I'm good at them and like them, maths (same) and then history so that I can get my essay subject, cause universities will like some evidence that you can write essays x
Reply 23
Original post by _-_Ella_-_
If you are thinking of doing medicine you should probably take maths.
been told it's not essential
Reply 24
Original post by ramblingzebra
I agree if you want to do law at uni don't do it at a level as lots of unis don't like you to have done it! For medicine it is preferable to do three out of the sciences/maths! But at the end of the day do what you enjoy! :smile:

I'm good at maths but don't really enjoy it where as I'm better at English and love it
I'm good at maths but don't really enjoy it where as I'm better at English and love it

Do what you love! :smile: I do English as well and it's great! :smile: I would double check the requirements for medicine on uni websites that you would like to go to just to be sure about the maths thing as well! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by ramblingzebra
Do what you love! :smile: I do English as well and it's great! :smile: I would double check the requirements for medicine on uni websites that you would like to go to just to be sure about the maths thing as well! :smile:

I will do. Thank you.
been told it's not essential

Its not essential but would definitely help. When it comes down to it you have to do what you like/are good at.
Reply 28
It's a waste of time if you aren't going to need it, plus it will just increase your workload.
The recommended 4 AS->3 A2 is sensible, please don't give yourself such hugely unnecessary stress. A level Law is in no way a requirement for a law degree, your other subjects would stand you in good stead.

Quick Reply

Latest