The Student Room Group

people threatening and shouting abuse in the street

Scroll to see replies

if im in the wrong area then yeah my brown face provokes abuse. not really a big deal, nothing happens with im actually with other geezers.
Original post by Gott
You can't make me feel unsafe, violated or objectified. Based on that reply I probably wouldn't think much of you to start with

EDIT: probably unsafe if you looked like you had a knife

I don't understand what you're trying to say- I wasn't saying that I could make YOU feel any of those things. I was saying sexual comments shouted can make PEOPLE such as myself feel those things. And I wasn't asking what you thought of me at all???

If a huuuuge angry muscular man threatened violence in a sexual way for example, I would feel unsafe and objectified.
I once saw this man I believed to be in his 50's, clearly under the influences, trying to win an argument against some lamp-post. I shrugged this off and headed home and could not be interested enough to see whether there was any physical confrontation between the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gott
No one could make me feel objectified because I don't care if they think I'm an object, I'd bash their face in or violate them verbally. Perhaps I'd feel violated in the sense that I'd been humiliated, or unsafe in the sense that I'd dropped the soap but never objectified (or violated for that matter) by shouting in the street

That's nice but I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about people.
Original post by Gott
Fair enough, I can completely understand such feelings for women

Yesssss
Original post by queen-bee
Hardly ever in central london

I receive the crudest sexual comments in central :laugh:
Never experienced this
No it is kind of too trivial to report to the police. Partly used to get it because I used to walk around late at night, mostly it is just social rudeness.
Reply 28
The worse thing that has happened (I never get threatened) was when someone blew smoke in my face for no reason at all. By all that is right, I almost had a Magistl rage :angry:
TITS
(edited 9 years ago)
Used to get it a lot more when I wore my hair down. Happens very rarely if ever these days.

What I do get, especially in the summer, is lots of people tutting, whispering under their breath like I cant hear and generally being really rude just less overtly. I think it has something to do with having tattoos.

And before you ask, I live in rural Surrey...
Reply 31
No, they know if they shout something at the King then they're going to destroyed both physically and mentally.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I receive the crudest sexual comments in central :laugh:

Whereabouts?
Original post by queen-bee
Whereabouts?

Regent's Park
Reply 34
Happens all the time. Most cities are rough ****holes these days, you'll encounter sub human species all over the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest