The Student Room Group

Hospital receptionist interview

Hii, I’ve got an interview soon for a receptionist role at a hospital(specifically mental health) I’m quite nervous Does anyone know questions they’ll ask? Just want to be prepared thank youuu.
Soo quick update: had the interview today, it went okay( minus the fact I was a few mins late due to traffic) there was 6 question I answered them all to my best ability. A few hours later I received a phone call off them which I missed so I called back and they informed me they’ll call back on Monday to tell me how it went. Do they call if you’ve been unsuccessful or am I right to assume I got the job?👀 thank youuu
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by berrybeom
Hii, I’ve got an interview soon for a receptionist role at a hospital(specifically mental health) I’m quite nervous Does anyone know questions they’ll ask? Just want to be prepared thank youuu.

hey ive got one too, but its at as a GP receptionist instead. I honestly dont know how to prepare
Reply 2
Original post by B7861
hey ive got one too, but its at as a GP receptionist instead. I honestly dont know how to prepare

Original post by berrybeom

Why have you applied for the job
They will ask you if you have any previous medical receptionist experience ( don't worry if you don't as if successful training will be provided) remember it's private and confidential information you will be working with so you can't discuss anything outside of workplace.

Have you got experience using computers and typing up letters etc.
How would you deal with public coming into either GP surgeries or hospital for appointment ( be nice at all times and take no abuse etc).

All receptionists who works in NHS hospitals or GP surgeries have to eventually be able to under all types of medical issues.
Original post by Tracey_W
Why have you applied for the job
They will ask you if you have any previous medical receptionist experience ( don't worry if you don't as if successful training will be provided) remember it's private and confidential information you will be working with so you can't discuss anything outside of workplace.

Have you got experience using computers and typing up letters etc.
How would you deal with public coming into either GP surgeries or hospital for appointment ( be nice at all times and take no abuse etc).

All receptionists who works in NHS hospitals or GP surgeries have to eventually be able to under all types of medical issues.

Hey thanks allot for this, Wdym by take no abuse? Do you mean not tolerate it because you should really show aggression should you?

the thing is I’m 18 and trying to get into medical school hence I though I’d try to get a job in a medical environment
Reply 4
Original post by B7861
Hey thanks allot for this, Wdym by take no abuse? Do you mean not tolerate it because you should really show aggression should you?

the thing is I’m 18 and trying to get into medical school hence I though I’d try to get a job in a medical environment

You get a few people being abusive towards staff so you don't torelate it from no-one.
You don't show aggression back to them as you have to try to keep yourself sort of calm and deal with those people.

Working in a medical environment will be helpful to you as you'll see how things work.
Original post by Tracey_W
You get a few people being abusive towards staff so you don't torelate it from no-one.
You don't show aggression back to them as you have to try to keep yourself sort of calm and deal with those people.

Working in a medical environment will be helpful to you as you'll see how things work.

im just confused with when you said dont tolerate aggression and abuse, cause doesnt this come of as threatening and violent?
Reply 6
Original post by B7861
im just confused with when you said dont tolerate aggression and abuse, cause doesnt this come of as threatening and violent?

Yes it would come under threatening and violent conduct....

Every person has there own way of saying things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending