The Student Room Group

An old man threatened me and my sister in the street

So me and my sister were riding our bikes down a street near a park when this old man came out the house and shouted at us saying we are doing anti social behaviour and said next time he saw us he will call the police, he was quite aggressive and it made my younger sister cry, any advice?
Dunno, stay in school?
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my sister were riding our bikes down a street near a park when this old man came out the house and shouted at us saying we are doing anti social behaviour and said next time he saw us he will call the police, he was quite aggressive and it made my younger sister cry, any advice?

Do you have any idea why he might have thought you were exhibiting "anti social behaviour"?

Shouting? Playing loud music? Cycling on the pavement? Weaving in an out of traffic? Using your phone whilst cycling? Anything else?
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Dunno, stay in school?

This was yesterday so it was a Saturday
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Do you have any idea why he might have thought you were exhibiting "anti social behaviour"?

Shouting? Playing loud music? Cycling on the pavement? Weaving in an out of traffic? Using your phone whilst cycling? Anything else?

No we were just cycling, no music and we weren't shouting
No we were just cycling, no music and we weren't shouting

Then next time it happens I suggest you ask him what behaviour he's concerned about. Or cycle down a different street in future, if you want to avoid the potential confrontation.

It may be that some other children, earlier in the day, were behaving anti-socially and he's not able (or willing) to draw the distinction.
This was yesterday so it was a Saturday

I just mean it as good advice in general, the situation you described didn't really warrant specific advice as we have no idea what caused it.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
I just mean it as good advice in general, the situation you described didn't really warrant specific advice as we have no idea what caused it.

Well I've been told he's just an angry old man he was worse when it was lockdown shouting at everyone who walked their dogs etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending