The Student Room Group

Accepting an offer and then rejecting it at a later date

Hello!

I got an offer from a University for an Art and Design Foundation course and there is a deadline by which one has to apply by. This is the first uni that gets back to me and I still haven't heard from the rest. So I'm forced to make a decision before I know the outcome from all other unis.

What would happen if I accept this offer and then reject it at a later date, once a preferred uni offers me a place? What are the potential consequences?

(Note that applications for foundation courses are NOT done via UCAS)

Thank you!
Hi there - out of interest where is the foundation course that you've been offered?
Original post by W100
Hello!

I got an offer from a University for an Art and Design Foundation course and there is a deadline by which one has to apply by. This is the first uni that gets back to me and I still haven't heard from the rest. So I'm forced to make a decision before I know the outcome from all other unis.

What would happen if I accept this offer and then reject it at a later date, once a preferred uni offers me a place? What are the potential consequences?

(Note that applications for foundation courses are NOT done via UCAS)

Thank you!

I think you may have to accept then reject. My art teacher told me to do the same if I am in that position.
Reply 3
Original post by Anna_Art
I think you may have to accept then reject. My art teacher told me to do the same if I am in that position.

Ok, thanks! Yes, I think that is what I will do.

Quick Reply

Latest