The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust PhD Programmes 2024 entry

Hey people!

Thought I’d make this thread to connect with others who’ve applied to the any Wellcome Trust PhD programmes. A couple that I've seen around are:

Advanced Therapies for Regenerative medicine - KCL
Neuroimmune Interactions - KCL
Optical Biology - UCL
Translation Neuroscience - Edinburgh

Did anyone hear back about interviews already (at least for the programmes that closed their applications a month ago)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I heard back from reg med kcl. I have an interview !
Reply 2
how many people are invited to interview?
Reply 3
Original post by Sikaaaa

Hi, is it a PhD programme?
Reply 4
Original post by LGupta
Hi, is it a PhD programme?

Yesss
Reply 5
Original post by Sikaaaa
Yesss

Thanks. When did you hear about it as my application still says being reviewed. What's the interview timeline?
Reply 6
Original post by Sikaaaa

Congrats! I was also lucky enough to get one and I'm super excited about it as this is my first choice 😀
Reply 7
Original post by billybibbit
Congrats! I was also lucky enough to get one and I'm super excited about it as this is my first choice 😀

Congrats!! do you know how many people got an interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Sikaaaa
Congrats!! do you know how many people got an interview?

No clue, but I'm super excited/surprised to have received one to be honest haha
Reply 9

Congrats! Can I ask which PhD programme you applied for? 😊
Reply 10
Original post by Bella38105
Congrats! Can I ask which PhD programme you applied for? 😊

Heya, sure - it’s the Advanced Therapies for Regenerative Medicine one. I’ll take it you also applied to a Wellcome PhD?
Reply 11
Heya, sure - it’s the Advanced Therapies for Regenerative Medicine one. I’ll take it you also applied to a Wellcome PhD?

Ah amazing! Good luck on the interview! 😊 I did, I applied for the Neuro-immune PhD programme but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully will hear soon.
Reply 12
Original post by Bella38105
Ah amazing! Good luck on the interview! 😊 I did, I applied for the Neuro-immune PhD programme but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully will hear soon.

Thanks and best of luck with your application(s)! I also applied to that one so please do update when you hear back :smile:
Reply 13
Hi I received an invitation to interview for the Neuro-immune programme! I heard back mid-December but I think that you can hear back up until the 20th Jan
Reply 14
Original post by okiedoky
Hi I received an invitation to interview for the Neuro-immune programme! I heard back mid-December but I think that you can hear back up until the 20th Jan

Congrats and good luck with interview preparation!
Reply 15
Original post by okiedoky

Ah amazing! Good luck 😊 thanks for letting us know. Yes, just waiting until then, not much longer!
Reply 16
Did anyone receive an interview offer for the translational neuroscience edinburgh?
Reply 17
Original post by HrrsPp
Did anyone receive an interview offer for the translational neuroscience edinburgh?

Yes. I received an interview offer for this one.
Reply 18
Congrats! I am waitlisted unfortunately. Any other news from the other wellcome phds?
Reply 19
Has anyone heard back from the Wellcome Trust MRes+PhD in Stem Cell Biology at Cambridge?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending