The Student Room Group

Adam Johnson arrested.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Tbf I doubt Johnson would ever have been capped by England again anyway.
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
No more england caps for him.
If sunderland cancels his contract he will be on the same boat as ched evans, but I suspect he could easily get a gig abroad because he is more talented.

We won't cancel his contract just on the say so of the media. We will wait for the proper people to trial him to find out what really happened then take it from there.
people are cruel

Reply 43
Harrowing^
Difficult to gauge what has happened but you can only go off Johnson's image and tbh, making a guess, imagine that he's just been naive and in a situation, made a big mistake or it might just be incorrect and he's, potentially, scarred for the rest of his career if he's not charged/found innocent.

I'm not a fan of naming him tbh - he was taken in for questioning, released on bail, not sure it's worth naming him for that unless he was charged.
Reply 45
People using this as a mechanism to champion Ched Evans' release on Twitter.

Cretins.
Was he named by the police though? Thought it was just people taking two and two together (age and club). Suppose it can be dodgy not to name in some circumstances. Remember the Sun incorrectly going after England players when it was rumoured that one of them was going to come out. In b4 Tom_Ford
Original post by The Shed End
Was he named by the police though? Thought it was just people taking two and two together (age and club). Suppose it can be dodgy not to name in some circumstances. Remember the Sun incorrectly going after England players when it was rumoured that one of them was going to come out. In b4 Tom_Ford

No, the police will never name a suspect.
Reply 48
Original post by The Shed End

Durham police revealed that a 27-year-old male was arrested.

The Sun reported it was an England footballer.

Durham + England footballer aged 27 = Adam Johnson.
Apparently (according to someone on twitter) she was 18 on Tinder….still doesn’t make what Adam do acceptable.
Reply 50
I've heard rumours he met her in a club?
Original post by Borgia
More like Adam NONCESON amirite?

Good effort!

Original post by Mackay
People using this as a mechanism to champion Ched Evans' release on Twitter.

Cretins.

It wouldn't surprise me. The obvious difference being that Evans was found guilty. But they'll try anything.
"If there's grass on the pitch, play ball"
Original post by Reluire
It is a two way street, but the law won't see it that way. There's so much positive discrimination for women now that she'll very likely be given the benefit of the doubt above Johnson, whether he's innocent or not. Looks like this might be the next Ched Evans style scandal. This will dent him, unless there is clear proof that he didn't have sex with her. But that's unlikely.

They drum this into us every day being a law student :lol:

And I definitely agree with the latter bolded bit. He's clearly not going to be playing for a while and it's a shame really. This situation is going to drag and not only will it dent him professionally but it will if it hasn't already, have a detrimental effect on him and his family.

Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Never remember that...

Well I said it :yep:
He's guilty as **** tbh. Suppose as others have said she lied about her age but then as SR you can ****ing tell a 14 year old and a 18+ year old girl apart when they speak. Probably happens all the time, RIP football career as sponsors will pull out any time a club tries to sign him...

Spoiler

Reply 55
Can't see Sunderland getting a result tonight.
Original post by Depleted
He's guilty as **** tbh. Suppose as others have said she lied about her age but then as SR you can ****ing tell a 14 year old and a 18+ year old girl apart when they speak. Probably happens all the time, RIP football career as sponsors will pull out any time a club tries to sign him...

Spoiler

Shut up you silly man.

Oh herp derp you can easily tell a 14 year old from an 18 year old...... because there's never any exceptions to the rule is there?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Aky786UK
Difficult to gauge what has happened but you can only go off Johnson's image and tbh, making a guess, imagine that he's just been naive and in a situation, made a big mistake or it might just be incorrect and he's, potentially, scarred for the rest of his career if he's not charged/found innocent.

I'm not a fan of naming him tbh - he was taken in for questioning, released on bail, not sure it's worth naming him for that unless he was charged.

Was thinking this too, if he hasn't been charged, should they have named him? Imagine the damage this will do to him even if he's cleared. He will probably still receive a lot of hate and abuse.
Reply 58
The issue is - and I'm not condoning him being named - but he works in an influential position. He probably has club commitments to work on football camps and stuff with kids. From a similar perspective, a teacher would be named by their company if he was arrested on similar grounds.
What do Sunderland's league position and Adam Johnson both have in common?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest