The Student Room Group

Lonely and want to transfer

I have no real friends and I am alone all of the time originally I started at Brighton Uni and I made some great friends and loved the city! However I hated the course so I transferred after 3 weeks to a different uni in Preston. I didn't want to come to this uni my parents made me come here because they didn't want me at home for a year. I now have no friends apart from maybe one guy, no social life, a uni that isn't brilliant, a course which isn't great and I feel like out of this uni I will get a degree and nothing else. I live in a flat on my own due to me joining late and it's quite far away from the student halls and uni so I'm lonely all the time. I'm considering transferring for 2nd year as I really don't see myself staying here for another 3 years uni has been such a let down
Hello...sorry to hear your situation...it might be useful to speak to someone...Im making a documentary about loneliness but in the first instance want to speak to people about the subject...to explore how it feels and why theres such stigma about just saying you feel a bit lonely.

IF that's of interest then message me and we can chat and I can explain more.

Thanks, Daniel Dewsbury.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending