The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer - do I need to resit English GCSE?

Hi
I'm currently in a gap year and I will be joining royal holloway uni. They have given me unconditional offer. They just asked me to get DDM in btec so I got ddd*. But they didnt mentioned gcse.if they did asked I got b in maths and E in English which I pretty much screwed up.
So do I need to retake English? If there is an unconditional offer
Original post by Faridajungali
Hi
I'm currently in a gap year and I will be joining royal holloway uni. They have given me unconditional offer. They just asked me to get DDM in btec so I got ddd*. But they didnt mentioned gcse.if they did asked I got b in maths and E in English which I pretty much screwed up.

Heya, I've just moved this into its own thread as you'll be able to get a reply then. :h: :yy:
Original post by Faridajungali
Hi

For your offer to be valid you need to take all the qualifications you listed as pending in your application. If you said there that you would be resitting english then you need to resit it.

I'd personally recommend resitting it even if you didn't list it as something you would resit - once you finish university some employers will reject you for jobs if you don't have A*-C in Maths and English GCSE....even with a degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending