The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Accommodation @ SOAS

Hi there! I have an offer for BA History, SOAS is my reserve choice (but tbh I dont think I'm going to get the grades for my firm) so I want to start applying for accommodation. I know the official SOAS halls you can only apply to if you firm them so does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I cant afford expensive accommodation so I want to apply now so I can get a spot at a cheaper place if all goes well
Original post by asamifan
Hi there! I have an offer for BA History, SOAS is my reserve choice (but tbh I dont think I'm going to get the grades for my firm) so I want to start applying for accommodation. I know the official SOAS halls you can only apply to if you firm them so does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I cant afford expensive accommodation so I want to apply now so I can get a spot at a cheaper place if all goes well

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going too well for you. The only thing I would say is that the proof is in the pudding and don't count yourself out, you still haven't gotten your results yet.

I'm not too sure about the answer to your question, have you tried emailing [email protected] or [email protected]? They might be able to give you some good advice. Also you might have already seen this but there is some info on the website about accommodation applications.

Other than that I would say remember private accommodation is an option and many students choose it. It can sometimes be more expensive than halls but the further away you get from Central London the more affordable the rent/cost of living is likely to be and it can work out cheaper. You'll just have to keep an eye out for things like commuting time, transport costs and bills but to ways to reduce that are to get a student oyster card and look for accommodation that has bills included in the rent.

I wish you all the best of luck for results day!

Monica (MA Social Anthropology)
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending