The Student Room Group

A level choices

Just got my offer from my preferred sixth form to do

A level:
Mathematics
English Literature
Economics
History

But I don't know if I want to drop history and do further mathematics. I don't want a history degree and feel as if I get the skills I need from english lit but also would like to do something in the future out of maths economics and english lit but the maths teachers at my school slyly add in FM so should I just do that or drop the history and take FM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Sorry for being so confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Further Maths is HARD. AS is fine and manageable but if at any point you struggle with core 2 or fp1 then further maths is not for you.

There's nothing wrong with you learning the necessary skills used in history outside of the course. I do all sciences but I'd say i'm a competent writer through sheer endeavour and interest and there's nothing wrong with you doing the same. However, if you actually like the course and subject, then i don't see why not as it's quite a versatile course you may just do better in it than you ever thought you would
Contrary to what the last poster said, if you're good at maths, further maths is actually quite easy. Doing two A-levels in maths you'll likely be doing C1-4, S1-2, D1-2, M1-2, FP1-2. FP2 is really the only stretching module among those.
Reply 4
Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not too sure about that. I got an A at normal maths and an E at further maths and it was purely due to its more challenging nature. However, each to their own

Quick Reply

Latest