The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster vs Glasgow

I have conditional offers from both these unis for Business Management.

Since I already started uni in the US but will not transfer any credits Lancaster is very appealing ( 3 years vs 4 years in Scotland). Moreover, Lancaster seems to be a much better uni, both in general and for business (#7, holy ****). LUMS has triple accreditation, Glasgow does not. The only things Glasgow has going for it are that it is more fun to live there and that it is a member of the Russell Group.

My question is: is Lancaster's superior placement on league tables an actual indicator of better employability, better placement , and better faculty?

And if you personally could go to either, which would you choose?

I hope this gets replies because last time I posted on TSR I posted in the business forum and the post was totally ignored, so I thought I would try here. Thanks guys!
Russel group accreditation doesn't mean as much as it used to now. I'd say choose Lancaster as the degree you will receive would make you more employable. From what I saw from the Lancaster open day they go the extra mile to help you contact employers and come out with a stronger CV
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Choose Glasgow. It is prestigious and a better place to live in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending