The Student Room Group

I don't know what to pick for my fourth A-Level...?

I've already chosen 3 of my Alevels and I've decided to do:
Psychology
Geography
Physics

I was going to pick BTEC Medical Science but I'm not sure, some people are telling me it wouldn't be a good idea if I were aiming to go to a place like Reading University or University of Westminister to study Psychology? My teacher told me that the course is for people who didn't do very well with sciences at GCSE but it sounds so interesting especially the forensic science stuff :s-smilie:
I just need some advice on taking a btec or if you guys have any idea on what other a-levels i could pick :smile:
Personally, I'd advise you to do maths, but then again it might not be suited to you. Maybe do the BTEC or look at PE, as sports psychology could be in there?
Choose from Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry. Choose the one that you find easiest out of the 3. When doing 4 subjects you want 2 to be at least 'strong'. Reading is a much better option that Westminster.
If you're not sure and you think you're up to it, always go for a more traditional, broad subject (e.g. maths, biology, chemistry, english lit) because those are the things that will keep your options open most.
Reply 4
When in doubt, maths.
Reply 5
Original post by starmilk
I've already chosen 3 of my Alevels and I've decided to do:
Psychology
Geography
Physics

I was going to pick BTEC Medical Science but I'm not sure, some people are telling me it wouldn't be a good idea if I were aiming to go to a place like Reading University or University of Westminister to study Psychology? My teacher told me that the course is for people who didn't do very well with sciences at GCSE but it sounds so interesting especially the forensic science stuff :s-smilie:
I just need some advice on taking a btec or if you guys have any idea on what other a-levels i could pick :smile:

I'd definitely suggest maths if you're up to it, you seem to be since you'r doing physics, and if not maybe biology, I think that's the easiest out of all the science based ones.
Maths is highly recommended alongside Physics
Reply 7
it depends what you want to study, what are you aiming to do at uni?
Reply 8
Original post by yt7777
it depends what you want to study, what are you aiming to do at uni?

I'm planning on doing Psychology at uni :smile:
Reply 9
Medical Science would work
Biology would be preferred to physics
Or Sociology or Philosophy could be useful
Reply 10
Biology if you want to do psychology
Maths, Biology or Chemistry would work well with your options. Chemistry and Biology would be useful with psychology, and maths+physics go together hand in hand. Depends on what you want to do
Drop physchology and pick up Maths and Biology.
I think Biology would be a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest