The Student Room Group

EPQ History Question Help?

I'm starting my EPQ and I want to do something related to history, I'm really interested in things like WW2, The Titanic, the 1920's and 50's but I'm not sure what question would allow a lot of research and evaluating?
Original post by kieramafia

I'm starting my EPQ and I want to do something related to history, I'm really interested in things like WW2, The Titanic, the 1920's and 50's but I'm not sure what question would allow a lot of research and evaluating?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
The EPQ has to be pretty academic, like AS history. Mine was 'To what extent did Tiberius Gracchus implement a popular movement in the Late Roman Republic?'. I, like yourself, was interested initially by the Titanic but was told it would be too much of a 'school project.' Remember if you want to do a History one its a big 5,000 word essay. You could do lots of different stuff though, there are many aspects to talk about in the war. For example think what interests you the most...military history of the war or the greater political scene and international relations/developments, you could look at key points and assess significance or you could look at a group in detail such as women or Black minorities and see how they fare during the war, in the aftermath or immediately before. You could do the causes of the war which is very broad and there is tonnes of material on it, or you could do something really specific - like the effectiveness of the T42 tank in Stalingrad or even take it over to an eastern/Japanese approach and not your typical western history. There is so much you can do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending