The Student Room Group

To current student nurses: What did you do in the run up to your course?

So next month I ll be finishing my foundation degree and have a place on mental health nursing for september but have no concrete plans for the 5 months in between.

So i m looking for suggestions as to what I could do in all that free time that could prepare me for the course or just what people did in the run up to their courses?
I personally just had the summer off. You get hardly any holidays and it's a LOT of work, so if you can - enjoy the time off! Just relax, don't worry about it too much. There will be plenty of ways for you to prepare when you get there. They give you an introductory module to help everyone get back into the swing of actually studying, so you can settle in properly then.

If you wanna be pro-active though, you could get a part-time job or something and get some money behind you? You know, just extra? Maybe join the facebook group if you haven't already:biggrin:
I spent a couple of months getting my anatomy and physiology up to speed. There are some great YouTube lectures that will give you the basics.
Thank you both for your replies:smile: I will look into learning a little anatomy and hopefully a part time job will be possible as their few and far between around here :/
I would also say - depending on your current status on how you are with maths - brush up on that too.
Keep on top of that as it's very easy to forget strategies and equations for calculations :frown:
Maths is my strong point, once i learn an equation i m normally quite good with it, its the one thing i m not worried about:P
Reply 6
Work and save your money while you can. Join an agency and get some care work. It's hard trying to juggle studies, placement and a part time job
I m one of the lucky ones and will be getting the maximum bursary and finance:smile: Hoping to completely concentrate on my studies rather than work and get a lower mark

I've been a student for almost two years already ,i can cope with being skint for another three:P besides i m quite the savvy student really :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending